Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
find me on YouTube: catchNrelease
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting my new rod here soon through the mail I got an Abu Garcia 2pc Veritas rod one of their newer models and i also got the new Abu Garcia Revo S reel which i have now and it is amazing, so smooth and looks awesome.. i cant wait to have them both together its gonna be a Bass assassin combo like no other..anyone have any reviews on the rod...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had a one piece casting rod (microguides) that broke casting a 3/8 spinnerbait after 4 months. I have one of their wench rods that I use for cranks and it has performed good. For the price they are a good rod.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have 5 veritas rods and so far no problems except for one of the guides came loose (easy fix). I'm not sure why everybody says they have a tendency to break... Any rod will break when misused or treated roughly. All in all, a great lightweight and very sensitive rod for the money!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I like the rods but I've had problems with eyes as well... I own 5 Abu rods, 4 veritas' and one verdict... Had to replace the tip eye on 3 of them...tips didnt break, inserts did...

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have heard good and bad things but the good things outweigh the bad and for $100 i think ill get my moneys worth..my total weight rod and reel will be less than 14 oz... thats insane

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm going to warn you, 2 piece when bass fishing is bad! I own 12 Veritas Rods, and I love them because of the weight and control. The only problem I have ran into is for my tube rods being spinning rods, the big guide at the bottom has broke on me. This happened on 2 occasions with both rods. Both occasions happened in 2 different big money tournaments! Almost cost me and I let the rep and cabelas know exactly how I felt. In return the rep sent me a sweatshirt, 2 stickers, and a hat! All 26 rods in my locker are abu rods with Lews reels and never had any problems except that issue! I was told that it is a manufacturing issue and it is being looked into!

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know i prefer one piece over two its just i live on a navy ship and my locker cannot hold a rod that tall and im too cautious to put it anywhere out in the open..i have had 2 piece rods all my life and have yet to have too many problems..
but thanks for the advice and i have been an abu guy my entire life, they have good customer service and im sure if i run into anything major like that they will help me out..

·
Registered
399 Posts
A buddy of mine that builds for one of the Elites sponsored by Abu usually has to replace the tip top and the butt guide on the rods within the first few months of service, and usually doesn't have to do much with them after that.

It seems as though they chose a ceramic that doesn't have much impact resistance, and a less than ideal butt guide design.

Joe

·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i already ran into a problem and i didn't even use the rod yet..they sent me the completely wrong rod that i wanted they sent me the baitcaster rod and i ordered the spinning type...Fortunately for me the tackle world shop here in Cairns Australia had the rod i wanted The 6'6 spinning veritas rod but for 40 bucks more than the online price which i was okay to spend the extra money because i had to have my girlfriend send me the rod from the states because they couldnt send me the rod to the ship..so it was around the same cost..but i do have the correct rod now and am gonna go fishing tonight and hopefully break it in on something nice!!!

so now i have a 6'9 baitcaster rod sitting in my locker i have to send back..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts