above hapersfield dam?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by allwayzfishin, Aug 2, 2008.

1. allwayzfishin

allwayzfishin just 1 more cast!!!

anyone ever take a canoe or yak up in this area? hows the fishing and what was caught? thinking of giving it a try. heard there are huge skies in those waters.

2. I've taken a canoe from a livery in Rock Creek to the dam. Nice trip. suppose to be some skies but I don't think your gonna find a huge one - I'd think 30" would be a good catch. Not the widest nor deepest water if I remember correctly..l

3. allwayzfishin

allwayzfishin just 1 more cast!!!

launched out of tote road and decided to go up stream and fish the log jams. threw buzz baits and 6"zara spooks till noon. nothing to show for that. switched to 9"slug o and still nothing. trolled stick baits till 3. nothing! went back to launch site and proceded down past trolling still for about 1mile. nothing. saw 1 guy and he told me that the fishing is really good up there but its a hit or miss situation. u could get 0 or you can catch 3-4 in a day.at dusk and night bite is best. he said you can hear the activity. a feeding frenzy. so i moved past him and tied on a 1 oz double willow chartruse spinner bait with a trailor hook and a 4 inch twister attached to it. casting it into the piles of log and rock. then suddenly a huge wake came out of left field. this muskie followed the bait up to the boat so i did a figure 8 and it was gone. was a pretty big fish maybe 40 or so inches. thought i was gonna have a heart attack. what a rush. wish i would of had a hook up. now im pumped and keep throwing this spinner bait. made my way to a nice eddy where a feeder came into the river and coxed another out of the depths but still missed the opportunity for a hook up. so there are some big skies in that area and i will definately go again with some bigger and better baits. will surely post pics of my first skie as i now have caught the rush of seeing one of these giants.