Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting ready to build my first AR. going to get a kit from Double Star and a stripped lower and save some $$$$. plus, it will be a fun project. Anyone else bought a kit like this and built it?

·
Registered
921 Posts
nope!! how's about some pictures of your project getting put together? thanks, how much are you spending if you dont mind me asking? pm me if you want!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
i got 2 double stars they work as good as my bushmaster i did one kit just make sure u buy the right pins for it really simple to do if u have the barrel wrench

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok here is what i have spent so far:

DSA lower $130
DBL Star 20" Bull Kit $565 w/ Badger Tac Latch and Bipod Stud in FF Tube
20 round mag $20
Burris Tactical Rings 1" Highs $40
I have a Leupy 10x AO that I am putting on it for now, until i have the $$$ to get either a Bushnell elite 10X40TT or a Burris FFII Tactical 4.5-14-40AO

So, right now i have a grand total of $755 in it. beats the heck out of buying a Bushmaste Predator for $1100!!!!

I would LOVE to have one in .17 Remington, that would be sweet. I have a 700 already but that would be awesome!!

Here is a stock photo of what i will have:

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the kit on Friday and had it done on Friday....The hardest part aside from distinguishing parts without a manual was installing the bolt-catch( I needed a third hand!!) other than that the next one will be a breeze

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Congratulations thats a nice looking rig, must have been pretty satisfying(aside from the money saved) to do the work yourself, I have a HB DPMS myself, its a sickness once you get going on guns(but how sweet it is:) ) hope yours shoots as sweet as it looks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, the money saved and the fact that I built some of it make it nice. I havent got to shoot it yet though. hopefully thursday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts