Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on coming up early Thurs thru Mon.Hoping the winds(waves) will be "fishable".I was wanting to purchase some Renosky's & a few more RR's,could someone tell me a good place to go that has a good selection of these lures? Thanks,Steve

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Dave's Bait or Den's Sportsmens Outpost (both in Vermilion) have Renoskey's and RR's...Went to Den's yesterday and bought a few of each or the OGF Outfitters of course !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys,I have alot of RR's,but I only have 3-4 Renosky's.It looks like we may have some off the water time while I am up,so I will probably go to Vermillion.Does Den have a good selection of Renosky's? I haven't been to Daves,where is it at in Vermillion? Thanks,Steve

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Daves is right across the street from the Vermilion Public Launch on the river. Give him a ring at 440-963-0088. The building reads Dry Dock on the side of it. Den has a good assortment of the Renoskys.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Thanks Reo-- I must of had a senior moment there. It's fixed now. :p

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will probably launch at Mazuriks or Catawba & fish the islands area to start.The forecast is looking very fishable,I don't know if I can stand the wait. Steve

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Well then to save you miles on your car, and gas, I would recommend Hi-Way bait for your Crank bait needs. I was just in there Friday and they have a good selection. They will be pretty central to your locations you gave. Good luck, and I hope you pound them.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
And should you go west to the reef area Happy Hooker has the best selection out that way. Awsome people too! They also carry any spoon you could imagine.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
On the subject of spoons, I talked to Mark Romanack friday and he was saying spoons will ultimately catch more fish than cranks when trolling. Even in the far western basin (Michigagn waters). And even this early in the season. (I always related them with summer bite and Central Basin) So I bought a few more. Very good, if Happy Hooker carries a large variety, I'll be picking up more at the outing. Mark also said colors with the gold and copper plated undersides will do better than the chrome and silver under most conditions.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have had the same opinion on spoon colors, but have also found glow spoons to be awsome. Check out the Moonshine Spoons at Happy Hooker. Something else I've found over the weekend is Sharpie Markers have a neon line of marker at Wal-mart. If you take those permanent markers you can color all your Chrome, nickle, and silver back lures and it gives them a colored chrome effect. The red, purple, and blue markers make some awsome looking colors. I also played around with some spinner blades, and it works on them as well, and it don't rub off. I took some old spoons that had virtually no paint left on them and they now look almost brand new. Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm pumped as well. My Reef Runners are just dying to get in the water. Hopefully this weekend will be fishable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts