Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the bag limits are daily. Lets say you catch a limit at 11:30pm, does the limit reset itself after midnight?

I would just go home after a limit but I was just curious if that would be legal.

·
fishing junkie
102 Posts
The way it was explained to me years ago by a former DNR officer is that the daily bag limit means you can catch "X" amount of fish in a 24 hr. period from the time you caught the first fish. My question was that if I night fish until after midnight and limit out and then go out after work the next afternoon and limit again am I breaking the law? He said technically I was, but that he would never enforce that on anyone. Take it for what it is... one guy's opinion. :D

·
florida ice fishing
14,057 Posts
that is a good question, I would like to know the answer myself. I guess it would depend on the possession limit. if your allowed a daily limit of say 5 fish and the possession limit is 2 days catch then I guess you would be legal. but then you would probably have to prove you caught the first limit before midnight. but to be legal you might have to take the first limit home then go back and start over. I would say as long as your on the water fishing your only allowed one days catch. but this is just my opinion and has nothing to do with the law.
sherman

·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the 24-hour period makes sense. Since they make a pedestal mount grill, and fish cleaning boards that mount to rails, on a good weekend I was thinking I could go after work sleep out on the boat and just fish again in the morning. Instead of camping or hotels. Guess if I wanna do that I'll have to stick to a perch/walleye combo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you catch a limit today and a limit tomorrow there is no problem. The only problem you would run into is if yesterday's fish was still on the boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts