close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

? about a 12v water pump

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by truck, Aug 23, 2005.

1. I need to pump water out of a creek to fill a 55 gal drum many times :( watering fruit trees and clover field.I bought a pump from Tractor Supply but it takes about half an hour to fill the drum.I would like to get a small sump pump to fill faster,will a 12volt converter have enough amps 1/3 hp pump.Sorry don't know alot about pumps or converters.

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

You would need to look at the amp draw listed on the pump and the amp out put of the converter. As long as the converter amps are greater than the pumps it should work out.

3. Truck,
    I would have to say no...your going to need a generator to run a pump...they suck the juice

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Big john may be right i havent used many converters but i have two sump pumps and they do draw some juice. Converter may not stand up to the punishment.

5. Truck I have a Coleman modified sine wave inverter 1200 watt continuous 2400 watt peak output you can get them bigger also. here is what it says on Pumps 1/3 hp submersible sump pump 9.50 amps 1060 watts also 1/2 hp 1200 amps 1380 watts so you would be able to run a 1/3 hp pump on a 1200 watt inverter. I bought mine at www.Harborfright.com they also have one that puts out 2000 watt 3000 watt peak. The 1200 is $139.00 the 2000 is $199.00. Hope this helps also last winter when we had the ice storm and no electric that is how we kept the basement from flooding by running the sump pump with it they do work. Good Luck Fishguy

6. Thanks for the info guys,I think I am going to go with a gas powered ag pump.Seems to be the best bang for the buck-145gpm 3 1/2 hp for $219. :)