close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aberdeen tomorrow

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Fishman, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I was thinking about hitting Aberdeen tomorrow for some carp.

If anyone is interested PM me.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Was nice to see ya again Fishman, maybe next time more fish will be landed.

Total species for the day..flathead, channel cat, hybrid striper, whitebass, drum, carp.

You left just in time, a BIG snow storm hit us and it dropped like 1" of snow on us in 30mins...lol...the things we do to catch fish..geez!

Scott

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thats awesome.. what was the hot bait??

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I personally caught 5 cats, 4 decent ones with the largest being 7-7.5lbs all on corn. My adverage for the cats would of been about 4 lbs, but the last dink totally threw things off.

Seemed RiverRat and his friends we're catching all the others on shiners.

Nice seeing you too Scott, let me know next time you're down this way. Provided my schedule works out, I'll meet up with you again.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

6. crappielooker

maan.. i'll take that carp right about now.. lol
    good goin fellers.. if i didn't run outta pain pills, i would have join you guys..

7. The action wasn't really worth the drive but it looks like it could be a great place. Water was up and really stained. I think if the water would of been more clear things might of really been hitting. Its a very interesting area but not deep at all even with the water up. Deepest area marked was about 9-10 feet and that was out near the mouth. The white bass I caught were big and mean though, really good sized. They actually looked like they were ready to spawn in that warm water.

Jake

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Yea i agree Jake, was'nt worth me FORGETTING the top half of my FOX 32" net either...im still very bummed about that one. Only thing i can figure is with that freakin snow storm that dropped on us, it got covered with snow and i didnt see it when i grabbed my gear to leave....geez us man!

Oh well live and learn, anyway, we should have stayed towards the mouth and pounded it out there, next time we'll be better prepared for that place since now we know whats going on.

Was fun to hear the alarms going...also was a good break in for your new pod/alarm set up(the one on the left in Dave's picture)...i will say that we did see MANY big carp crashing the banks jumping and rolling...one right over top of my chum in 4ft of water....looked like someone dropped a bath tub in the water.

Scott

9. crappielooker

say what? u already lost that new net of yours?? geeeze.. and did u said u saw carp crashing everywhere too?? arrgh dangnabbit..lol..i shoulda went..

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

YES.....i freakin lost my net less than 3 months old...arghhh! I still have the 6' handle, spreader block and fancy Chub net safe...but no NET or ARMS to put on it!!!

Yea we saw carp crashing the surface jumping and rolling .....some BIG ones too.

I'll be back down there late this fall and winter to try for some then...but for now im staying where i know the fish are.

Scott

11. crappielooker

well..it happens that i have a spare arm and net that i still haven't use yet.. let me know if you're interested.. :D

12. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thanks Ak...PM sent.

Scott