Aberdeen fishing?

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Juan More Fish, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

Hows the bite?
    thinking about going there saturday.
    Anybody have any luck?

2. Cincyghosthunter

Cincyghosthunter Cincy Ghost Hunter

I was up there with OGF member TeamPlaker last Sunday fishing at the boils, I caught 10 small hybrids, Jay caught 15, all on shrimp using small treble hooks. We might be going back this weekend.

3. I was just there today. Fished where the water is put in and didn't get anything there were a couple guys there fishing for channels with livers. Moved down a little to the other access point to try and get some skips, no luck there for skips, caught some small hybrids.

Ended up cast netting about 40 shad though all of them about a pound to a pound and a half.

4. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I was there two weeks ago fishing the mouth. It's a neat place. I caught a small striper and a small wiper. One guy caught a 3lb wiper. But that was all the action I saw.I bet the action gets better for shore fishermen when the Ohio gets around 36' or more. It was 34' when I was there.

5. Juan More Fish

1. Is there a bait shop there?phone #?
    2.Is there a dam ?
    looking forward to heading there saturday morning.

6. Cincyghosthunter

Cincyghosthunter Cincy Ghost Hunter

The closest bait store that I'm aware of is in Point Pleasant, just outside of New Richmond. There may be a few places closer to Aberdeen. No dam there, Meldahl dam is near Chilo, oh about half way between NR and Aberdeen. I should be there Sat morning fishing at the mouth of the creek. I'm driving my green buick. I'll be wearing waders and my black "Yaesu" hat, stop by and say hi.

Gerry

7. Juan More Fish

:S Didnt catch a thing. But Got my shoes muddy.:(

8. I find it hard to catch 'em even at Aberdeen on lures when the water is so turbid due to snow-melts & rain. I was going to wait another weekend for things to settle down. I'll drive the hour if the water is green; not brown. What's the secret using lures in the muddy Ohio?
    NAPSAX