close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Abeerdeen questions

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by GMR_Guy, Mar 23, 2005.

1. I was thinking of taking my daughter to Abeerdeen next Wednesday if the weather and warer holds up. With the rain we have gotten and are expected to get get I'm wondering how the fishing is when the river is up? How how is too high? We would probably be going after carp and cats, but wouldn't mind goig after white bass, hybrids, and skipjacks if they were around.

2. Are you bank fishing or boat fishing?

3. The river should be okay! It looks like its going up to about 35 feet thats not to bad, most of the water is coming from up stream so the creek should be okay to. Take some heavy sinkers and try to get out deep. Skippies will probably be tough at that level but a nice day out with your daughter will be a great day fish or no fish! Good luck & and I hope she really shows Dad how to fish! LOL

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Whatever you do WEAR YOUR BOOTS! That place is a muddy mess after some rain! :)

5. amazing189

amazing189 Member

Fishman....you took the words right outta my mouth. After fishing there a few times this winter, my buddy & I have decided that there's nothing thicker than Aberdeen Mud..... :)

GMR Guy, If you're fishing for Carp, bring some whole kernel corn. I've seen a few decent carp caught down there recently & it seems that they were mostly caught on corn, just behind the barrier that runs across the mouth of the creek (you can see it in my avatar). There's definately some cats there, too. Just be prepared to lose a terminal rig or ten finding them.

Good luck & let us know how it goes!
    Danny

6. Thanks for the info. Where exactly in Aberdeen is the warm warer discharge area. A guy at work said it is on the Kentucky side and now I am confused.

7. its on the ohio side just past the old mayseville bridge just east of aberdeen

8. Thanks for all of the help. I'm still planning on going there this coming Wednesday if the weather and water looks good. It sounds like I need to do some boot shopping.