Abandoned/Lost/Stolen Canoe?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by kwohlwe@columbus.rr.com, Sep 22, 2007.

1. While fishing near the Wilson Bridge on the Olentangy, I came across a canoe that seems to have neither registration nor HID number. The paddles were quite a ways downstream, held up on some rocks. There was no sign that the canoe had been beached or tied, there was also nothing inside the boat. If anyone has lost a boat recently and can describe it to me, I'd be more than happy to return it to its rightful owner.

Thanks!

2. hm driving over wilson bridge yesterday i saw that down there with no one around it.

3. Ummm, let's hope no one is around it...

4. yea that is really weird..being down there by itself....someone should be looking for it....

5. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

That is weird. I was wading around there a few weeks ago... just making my way down to the little damn in knee deep water. In less than 30 minutes I was up to my waist in water, there was no bank, and the sandbar I had waded out from had disappeared. The water surging over the dam looked lethal, not really any way around it either. I could see how someone could get in bad trouble real quick on that river. Let's hope that isn't the case.