close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aaaaaahhh! Springtime in the stripmines!!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pastorchris, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Ah! Springtime!
    Just thought I'd shoot out a quick note and get everyone's blood stirred up about fishing in AEP

As you are all probably aware, today is the shortest day of the year. What does that mean? The days are getting longer from here on out and that means spring is on the way!!!

I've already been "gettin the itch" to get out my tube so it will be a long 3 or four months yet (man, that sounds like a long time, doesn't it?) but soon and very soon, we'll all be camping and catching in the stripmines for another wonderful season of fishing.

So, what do you all think?

Hopefully we'll manage to meet face to face up there sometime and not just chat on the internet.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Blessings
    Pastor Chris

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Morel mushrooms.........my awesome crappie spot, bass on the Twitcher..

Merry Christmas Maggot!! I know you're lurking.....

3. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Just the peace and quiet on the water, a stream babbling down the rockwall, the birds in the newly leaved trees. It all looks and sounds sweet in this freezing weather. Merry Christmas to all.:G

4. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

It has been a long winter already! The smell of the campfire and the smell of the spring air is just around the corner.Sgofish......... remember to be in touch come spring. We will hook up around the grill and cook up something and tell some good fish storys! Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. I sure agree with that. Once muzzleloader is over next week, I'll be sitting in my boat in the garage pretending I'm fishing!!!!

6. I cant wait to go shroom huntin, a Big steak. with a buncha morels

YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!:)

7. Something about already have my deer tag filled that makes winter seem so much longer. Shrooms, turkey season and fishing...what a life.

8. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I've always looked at it this way. As of Jan. 1 I've got less than 90 days
    and I'll be fishing. See I don't ice fish and there are plenty of coyotes
    to hunt in the coldest months so I start counting down from 90 on Jan 1
    and before I know it, its boat in the water time. It helps keep me sane.

9. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

I guess this is why we have something to look forward to.

10. shroomhunter

Santa brought me all kinds of new gadgets for my camping trips down there. Got a new 2 burner propane grill and a big Lodge cast iron griddle, fish cooking baskets, cast iron pie irons and numerous other items. My son got the motherlode of camping gear and he is sure fired up about going.
    Can't wait.....wont be long now!!

11. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

4 Months And Counting!

12. 106 days till youth turkey season, 122 days till prime shroomin, 143 days till bluegill spawn, 155 days till prime bassin. Boy am I in trouble now.

13. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

You guys are killing me. Mother's Day till the next Sunday can not get here soon enough. Me thinks a March trip is in order just to take the edge off.

14. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

March sounds good to me

15. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

march is fine with me as well. someone pick the weekend!

16. shroomhunter

H will be the only camp open, they keep the others closed until April. Plan accordingly...Just an FYI

17. Gracias Mushroom - I would have had quite a surprise rolling into D in March.. =)

18. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

H is fine by me! Thats where we camp when we go anyways.Now for the date!

19. JDBassSlayer

JDBassSlayer Big Bass Hunter

With the lake effect snows rolling into Northeast Ohio, I would much rather be using my 4 WD for the white mud at AEP. Spring can't come soon enough for me. I'm sure the 'ol float tube would make a nice downhill sled, but I'd much rather be dangling my feet in the cool spring water.

Hey, BBANKS...

Can you hear the pop tabs cracking? Shrooms and filets sizzling in the hot oil?;)

20. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

JDBASS............You know what the King always says about all that good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing better is another!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool Spring water and storys around the camp fire sure do sound inviting! We have'nt seen are ole Pal Sgofish for so long it will take a day to catch up with storys for him!