close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A worthy cause

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by greg3891, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Hey Guys just a reminder that this Saturday Oct 9 from 9am until 3pm is the
    Gary Riffle Memorial Panfish Tournament sponsered by T's LongLakeBait&Tackle. Cost is $10.00 and all proceeds go to The Riffle Family.
    Fishing is open to all Portage Lakes including Nimisila.
    Trophies will be given to 1st, 2nd,3rd place and biggest and smallest as well.
    Boat or shore fishing.
    Bait may be purchased at any local bait shop.
    Pan fish only (bluegill,crappie,perch,ect.) 7" limit, 6 fish per person.
    Check-in at T's Bait shop, State Mill boat launch, Old State park, and Nimisila.

Immediately after weigh-in Trophies will be given out at T's LongLakeBait&Tackle, followed by a hog roast,raffle (I heard from the Horses mouth there are some great raffle prizes (maybe) an Aqua-view and much more. Door prizes, and a whole lot of fun.

Lets make this a special event for one of our fallen comrads, and an event to remember.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

greg, this is a perfect time for the community to come together to support a great north hill family. I'll be there for sure.

3. I can't commit to it since I've having some dental work done on Friday at 2:30 including a bone graft. I'm not sure what kind of shape I'll be in, if I feel like talking, etc!! Who knows, maybe I'll be fine and I'll run out to my local lake for some eyes. Wish I could commit to going but really can't since I don't know how I'll feel. My thoughts will be with you guys and hope the turnout is well!

4. Lots of great stuff will be raffled off. And it is a GREAT cause.

I will be checking folks in from 7:30 til 9am, then fishing til 2:30pm, then helping with the weigh-in at...............NIMISILA.

I'll leave the East redears and the Long crappie for you guys...

See you there.

5. Also, I thinkthe trophy presentations will be at 5pm at the bait shop. That'll give folks time to take boats home, tally the results, etc...

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Carl, how would you like some help Saturday morning? I can be there at 7:30 to help you.

- BTW, what time will Eddy open?
    - I talked to Tim @ Long lake tonight and he confirmed 5:00 pm. back at his place.

- Jim

7. I'll be there around 7:30. I was told there are two guys slated for that check-in area, but I'll be there to help too. I really want to fish it and spend some time with my son. He's VERY excited about it.

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

who is working what areas?

9. I have no idea who is working where, Tim is handling all those details. I'm offering my assistance, if needed, at Nimisila with the check-ins and the weigh-in. I will be fishing there as well.

I stopped in yesterday and Tina told me they had assigned folks to be everywhere, so I told her I'd be around to help, and if they have it handled, I'm goin' fishin!!!!

10. The University of Akron donated 10 tickets to the Akron vs Ball State football game on October 23. They may donate a couple shirts or hats as well. I'll find out later today or tomorrow.

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

It sounds like its handled then. I'll see you there. I'll be launching from the NE ramp. ;)

12. All you need to do is check in there at that C-6 ramp, then you can go launch anywhere on Nimisila. Don't forget to get your "poker chip" for the door prize raffles.

See you out there. I should be around there sometime around 7:30 or 8am.

Later Jim! Oh yeah, I'll have your 5 gallon buckets too!

13. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks Carl, I'll see you Saturday then. You can disregard my pm I just sent you about my buckets now. ;)

14. Hey Ruminator,
    Just to let you know , there will be a 14 boat bass tourney launching out of the NE ramp at 7:30 am Sat. Girard Lakes Bass Clubs 1st day of our championship is on Nimisila this year. The launch may be a little busy until 7:30, after that should fine. Just a heads up ;)
    Don

15. Bass Day and everyone else, the Riffle Memorial doesn't kick off until 9AM so there shouldn't be any big conflicts...

16. Thanks Carl, wasn't worried about any conflict. Just trying to warn Jim that the parking may be a little crowded at the NE ramp. By the time we are done we usually have a couple of rigs parked in the front lot.
    By the way Guys, good luck & have a good time.

ps; if you happen to see this boat
    [​IMG]
    stop & say hi.
    Don

17. Sure will Don. I'll be launching from the SE ramp and fishing all over. I'll be the one with the 6 year old kid hauling big slab crappie and gills in the boat! LOL.

Have a great tournament guys.

18. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thank-you for the heads up. I won't likely get to the NE ramp until around 7:45 - 8:00 to launch. I'll look for your boat, but I could spot it a LOT easier with a Team OGF sticker on the side somewhere.:D When you see a beige Princecraft, that will be me, only one around.(also no sticker yet) :D When you here the crappie call- that will be Carl. He does it so well, he can't be imitated! :D :p

19. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Rumi: I know where you can get a few :D If you talk to anyone that wants any get their name an such and let me know.

20. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

:d ~ :d ~ :d ~ :d