close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A whole lot of nothing...

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CoolWater, Aug 7, 2008.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Spent most the day fishing... rather poorly I might add... guess my good luck from Saturday I couldn't duplicate on home turf.

Started at a small local stream - BLANK, then Old Bay Bridge - BLANK (did have one big fish come off), Vermilion River - one Rock Bass, Huron River - BLANK. I hope my tan at least looks good. ;)

On a side note DNR showed up no more then 10 minutes after I was at the Old Bay Bridge checking fishing licenses... kinda cool don't get asked all that often.

2. Been getting skunked myself. Doin' some fishing at the local res. and got just a few dink bluegill off of a 1/8oz. chartreuse jig tipped with a honey worm . Started throwing a bl/bk jig around dusk to see if I could wake up some bass, but got skunked again. Got our annual Cookie Festival this weekend and going to help out at the kids fishing derby. Hope they have better luck than me...lol. BTW if those who have kids....its a good time!!

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Wow thats a lot of fishing for a a lot of nothing :D
    As you can see you've already looked at the bright side-a tan :)

4. Hey coolwater do you ever catch many smallies in the vermillion river thinking about going in the morning. Going to wade around and see what I can find.

5. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

I know a couple channels that you could have done a whole lot better!;)
    Just teasin, I'll take care of those for you.:)

6. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

Smallies have been biting at res. 5 in Fostoria. I've been getting some good ones from there for over a month. All C&R.

7. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

King, that was my first time fishing the V when it wasn't steelie season, can't speak on regular summer catches but all I managed that first trip was the rock bass.

WLB, throwing some salt on my wounds! lol

8. We went to the v river sat morning and caught 6 smallies nothing big though.