close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Very Bad Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by exexec, Jun 17, 2005.

1. I WANTED TO TELL YOU ALL BEFORE YOU HEARD SOMEWHERE ELSE. i WAS ON LAKE ERIE TODAY AND MY BOAT CAPSIZED. I AM OK-MY GOOD FRIEND WHO WAS WITH IS OK. RIGHT NOW I VERY UPSET AND DON'T CARE TO COMMENT MUCH MORE. I DID MAKE A COUPLE OF MISTAKES, BUT I VERY THANKFUL FOR LIFE JACKETS, CELL PHONES AND MAINLY THE FINE FOLKS AT COAST GUARD-THANKS FOR SAVING US!

2. Glad to here you guys are alright !!!

3. Man that is a bad day, glad you guys are ok.

4. Hang in there man. That's a tough break.

Glad you guys are OK.

5. The important thing is that you are here telling us you made it back safely. Good to here from you.

6. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

Im glad your all OK, I hate to hear of such accident's.

7. Fish Tale

Fish Tale Sea Food Eater

Glad you are alright and able to write about it!

8. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Glad you and your buddy are OK

9. Now that is scary - glad you guys made it out ok.

I know it is easy to say, but you can replace your boat and gear; thank God nobody was hurt or even worse.

Hang in there!

10. The important part is you and your passenger made it out alive...glad your ok

11. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Boats can be replaced, your life can't. Relax a bit and let us know when you are ready. Glad you're okay.

12. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Wow, you are lucky, glad you are ok.

13. Glad both are ok.By having jackets and phones is always a must.

14. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Glad you and your buddy are alright. It must have been a scary scary ordeal. Hang in there man!

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

It's a pleasure to know your still here. All of us here I am sure will offer to help you with anything you need.

16. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Had to be a scary experience, glad you are OK.

17. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Glad to hear you made it back okay.

18. chubcity

chubcity Banned

Lake Erie is a dangerous place, period. I've crossed that lake on the ferries to the Canadian Island, it rocked so bad you couldn't stand up. That's with like 25 cars & vans on it, Hell man, Lake Erie has major freighters on it's bottom that have sunk.

To go out on Lake Erie very far from shore in a small boat is a disaster waiting to happen. Lots of people get away with it, but lots don't. I'm always surprised at the number of people who go out on Lake Erie in small boats to try to fish in questionable weather. The weatherman will say it's a bad idea, and tell the chance of storms, & estimated winds, but people will still go out. I don't understand that, I realy don't.

These people see the weather forecasts, then go out anyway, then we read about them in the newspaper or hear about them on the news, either someone dies or narrowly escapes death, the Coast Guard or Fire Departments rescue people who have to be brought out.

The classic is when it rains in buckets, the rivers are SO HIGH, and a few idiots decide to go kyaking or canoeing. Amazing, for sure, isn't it?

I think using steel wire to fly kites during a thunderstorm will be the next fad.

I'm really happy that our 2 friends here that started this thread are okay, obviously. But I'd wager to say that better planning would have saved them a whole lot of grief, and a whole lot sooner.

19. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Glad to hear everythings ok....what CG station responded? I'll give em a atta boy.

Mitch

20. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

glad you are ok.