close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

a slap on the wrist!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jeffmo, May 6, 2008.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

the punishment here doesn't seem to fit the crime.i read that Columbus police chief Jackson wants this officer fired.i have to agree because she disregarded her job as a police officer and what it entails,got drunk,got in her car,hit this kid then basically left the kid for dead.:mad: :mad: :mad:
    how can we expect kids to listen to the "don't drink and drive" talks when they see this???

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/05/06/story_smith.html?sid=102

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Nice, an apology through her attorney. She didn't even have the guts to look kid in the eye and apologize !:mad:

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that may not be the last you hear about this story.at least i hope nt.

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

According to the article, she is no longer with the force. :confused:

COLUMBUS, Ohio — "A former police officer convicted of fleeing after striking a 13-year-old on his bike was sentenced to jail on Tuesday."

5. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Terrible. Who was her attorney? You pull off a drunk "hit & skip" on a pedestrian and all you get is 2 years no license and 10 days in jail. That's what I call some fancy footwork. I'll bet her attorney was Meeks and Assoc. They're clients always seem to plead no contest or guilty and get off really light IMO. They do cost alot though.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

rodney,judging from the article,it seems she was on the force when it happened,and has been fired in the interim.

pigsticker,i'm not sure what bearing her attorney has on it.that's what they're for.the better they are,the more they cost.and i'll bet if you needed one,you'd want the best you could get ;)

7. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a police officer, even a former one, would receive a seemingly light sentence for breaking the law.

SHOCKED.

8. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

You got that right Misfit. I know from personal experience that if you want high quality lawyers (or anything for that matter), you pay for it.:) Seems to have paid off for her this time too.

9. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i'll bet my boat thats she no longer a police officer.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

based on the above quote,i'd say that's a pretty safe bet,EZ;)

11. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

thats why i bet the boat:p

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.i knew you wouldn't make aanything but a sure bet:D

13. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

And yet the powers that be wonder why the public has little to no faith in either end of the justice system.

14. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

If it's true that those that can't do teach, then do those that cannot control police? :D hmm it rhymes and is kind of catchy. more examples of the man looking out for each other and keep us down. Rabble rabble rabble

15. and you wonder why people shoot people:rolleyes:

16. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

it surprised me that such a "looker" couldn't get a ride home from the bar!:D