close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A serious reminder to all boaters!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LakeRaider, May 29, 2004.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Bringing up this reminder again since its boating season. CHECK THE KILL SWITCH RING ON YOUR LIFE JACKETS. If its plastic it may be cracked or weak due to the sun and can fail! REPLACE the rings on your life jackets and kill switch tethers with some made of steel-Chromed or stainless. (Car key rings work great since they are doubled) Make sure the tether material is in good shape also! Happy boating all! :) LakeRaider<><>

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Good point Lake. They really do work. Don't just look at them hook them up to be safe.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

What if your boat doesn't have one........is there an aftermarket kit for them ??

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Did a search and did not find any aftermarket units. Might be a liability deal that no one wants to touch. :eek: Maybe somebody else knows of one.Raider<><>

5. catking

catking Banned

Thank You ' Raider for bringing this up !!! I don't have a boat, but I have read many stories where people have gotten into serious trouble because of this very subject. THE CATKING !!! :)

6. Your slippin in your old age. Jim, check out West Marine .I know their in the printed catalog.

Sliprig

7. mrfishohio

I figured they had one somewhere, I have an OMC control & thought it strange it didn't have one built in. The ignition switch doubles as the choke button. I remember a few years ago I was thinking of getting in the walleye tour that was cancelled after someone dropped the ball. Anyway, one of the requirements was a working kill switch on the boat. My boat is real stable, and with only 70 HP can reach top speed of 30 MPH. So I'm not too fast, and usually stand while driving it.

8. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

9. mrfishohio

This is what I have..... :D I took this picture 6-17-02 my first time out with it on Brookville Lake, man was it a clean boat then ! :confused:
    [​IMG]