A real Crappy pole

Discussion in 'Panfish Discussions' started by Garyoutlaw77, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

Just curious what is everyones favorite Slab fishing rods?

2. depends on the type of fishing You are doing.I have wally marshall 8' ,10',12' for picking at structure,then have anything from 6' -7 1/2' st croix for casting and jigging.everyone has their preference for rod choice,get some info and find one You are comfortable with.good fishing!

3. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I don't like the real long ones. I use a 5'6" ultralite uglystik. Works great and has for years.

Brian

4. 10ft and 12ft crappie poles with simple 1/1 plastic reels for holding the line. I use these for drifting and "dipping". St. Croix light action 7ft spinning rod for casting. Love to watch those 10/12 footers start bending to the water as a crappie hits.:)

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

For casting I have a 6.5' ML spinning rod. I would like to upgrade to a 7' or 7.5' ML rod with a Diawa SS spinning reel, but I don't have the cash at the moment.

CG

6. Garyoutlaw 77 Your question is what ever turns us on, my favorite rod is a
    10 ft. Browning steelhead rod that met with a tearjerking accident. A foot and 4 in got broke off , I put a new rod tip on it and decided to use it for crappies, just enough backbone and flex , I love it ,I also use 6 1/2 ft ugly sticks, so what ever pleases you and makes you feel comfortable use it.
    Good Luck
    GOOD FISHING GUYS :F