close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A new recipe that is killer!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by TexasPete, Jul 19, 2005.

1. TexasPete

TexasPete Fishin' Fool

Went out armed with my new hotdog recipe and caught 12 channels within an hour and a half...

Cheapest hot dogs you can get...marinate them for a few days in a mixture of anise extract, garlic powder, and the oil from a can of sardines... Break off chunks of marinated weiner and use for bait.

The cats can smell the hotdogs from literally a mile away. Break one into pieces and chum where you'll be fishing.

Let me know if you try this recipe and experience success!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Good ole ainse. I'm sure Flathunter will make his way to this post!

3. And if you get hungry while your out you can just build ya a little fire and roast a dog! Yummy!!
    I have used just plain old hot dogs before and done good with them.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yes it is decent bait for channel cats..But Mellon used it for flatheads!

5. H2O Mellon

Shut Up Jack! That was a SECRET Flathhead bait, if you keep telling everybody it wont be a SECRET anymore!!!

6. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

ok where do I get anise extract?

7. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Mellon

Fishnasty always said the top secret flathead bait was Coelacanth livers soaked 3 days in unicorn horn powder. Add an ounce of a virgins spit from a lady with all her teeth.

Wrap gently in satin from a coffin on a 5/0 Gamakatsu hook. Throw within 5 feet of a logjam and brace yourself for a fight.

I always had trouble getting the virgin spit so I can't verify if this recipe works.

Good luck and let me know how big the flathead are.

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

No more secrets.....
    I think you can buy it off eBay .... :p
    Good one Robbie.
    Mellonballs told me he had to hide behind a tree to bait his hooks because the fish were jumping out of the water to get to it !! :D

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Special bait recipes included. Maybe boost some of the 3-5 fish limits with total weights from to 2#-10# up to maybe 12# to get into the prize money.
    They work !! Here's proof....
    [​IMG]
    This is a secret bait, not availible, so secret even I forgot it.... :p
    [​IMG]

10. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

yes you can buy it off of ebay i've seen it

11. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

wrote it down.. will give it to my neighbor i go to church with and he'll give it to his brother

12. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

or go to mcdonalds

13. I've never really used dogs except for when didn't have crawlers when I was a kid fishing for gills. How well do dogs stay on the hook? I'm thinking better than a dough ball...

14. TexasPete

TexasPete Fishin' Fool

sometimes they fly off when you cast, but hotdogs are cheap and plentiful...

15. You can get anise extract at your local supermarket. It should be with the baking items like vanilla extract.

16. I know I wont find any virgin spit in Coshocton Cty,Heck, its hard to find a woman with all her teeth,maybe I'll try over in Tuscarawas??? :rolleyes:

17. Yeah... What he said! Where do you get that stuff? In the spice department at wally world?

18. H2O Mellon

Seriously on the ainse topic, there is a diff between the supermakert stuff & the real stuff. I bought some of the real stuff @ CVS it was like $8 for a tiny & I mean tiny bottle. Superwalmart sells Ainse for cooking & its only $3 for a large bottle.

19. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

So did anyone try this out yet? (Just a carper that wants to know)