Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 28th. I headed to a new lake I learned about the other week. I took my wireless fish finder to map out how deep it was and to try to locate where the fish were holding. I stop at a nearby convenient store to get bait. They were sold out of all their bait. I therefore had to depend on thawed out Catawba worms for catfish and fake meal worms for bluegills. It was 9:25 when I got to the lake and already hotter than I expected. As I worked my way around the lake I could walk. I did cast most of the water except the very center for that is how far the range of the wireless worked. I wrote down the depth of 3 different spots on each cast. I must say I have a very good idea of how deep spots are.

I was disappointed for I never did get the setting right for the fish ID to work. I was told there were lots of cats; bluegills, bass, and crappie are in the lake. I finally got my lines in the water around 11:00 for the bluegill. 1 for catfish deadline with Catawba worms the other a bobber rig for the bluegill. I learned the worms were all mushy and did not stay on the treble hook. I tried fake wax worms at several spots but not even a tap! The heat was getting too hot and no action so I packed it in for the day and headed home at 12:15.

I am now going read the instructions on the wireless fish finder to be sure I can get the fish ID and fish alarm working. I am sure it will be very useful next time I go there. I hope to get back there by sometime next week. Wishing tight lines for all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts