Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Multi-Species Fanatic
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Mother's Day coming up, I thought I'd start a thread where people could maybe tell a story of fishing with their mom - share a pic - or anything they want regarding Mother's Day. O yea, it's May 13, 2007, if you need to buy a gift! :D

My mom with a White Bass. I've posted it once before but it's a very fond memory so humor me one more time. Just me taking her out on the jon boat and she caught some real nice White Bass... it was neat seeing her get excited like I do over fish. Hoping to recreate the memory all over again this Mother's Day.

This other pic is my Grandmother (mom's mom) circa ?, up on the St. Mary's R., near Sault Ste. Marie, Mi. My grandmother died when I was rather young and the only recreational memory I have of her is playing cards. I was obviously very happy when this photo was given to me as I got to see her when she was healthy and enjoying the outdoors - not too mention holding a pike!

Happy Mother's Day to all the important mom's in your life!

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
thanks for bringing back memories.though my dad and fishing buddy(who died in 1970) was a diehard fisherman,my mother didn't fish.but i did take her catfishing one time before she died in 89.we had a great time even though the fish were not very cooperative.just sitting back talking and laughing made for a great time:)
my dad's mother was a different story.she spent lots of time with my grandpa on the big O.
i have one pic of them together,circa 1930's.

·
Registered
333 Posts
great post............never fished with mom but me and my girlfriend got to fish with my dad at a fishing club for members only......stocked with trout man watta blast we slayed em..........that girl is now my wife........thanx for the takin me back

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I don't have any pictures handy and the only time I fished with my Mom was on vacation in Canada. We went to Pigeon Lake every year from when I was 3 until 16 years old. The thing I remember most was my Mom was famous for imitating the loons. She would crack us up out on the boat calling them over and over.

·
Registered
222 Posts
No pics but I remember me my mom and dad going fishing and my mom using zebco 33's and I just remember her catching alot of catfish. I'll never forget those times.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
I can remember growing up at the Pymatuning Campgrounds and later at a cabin that my parents had bought at the Lake. We would be there all summer. Dad would go back and forth (when gas was cheap) to work. Mom and I would go fishing every day with Dad when he got back from his job. Mom would never fish but she was always on the pontoon boat to enjoy the ride. The cabin is old, Mom has passed, and Dad is in his eighties now. But the memories will be with me forever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts