Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Equal opportunity fishing
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid, but last fall, I made my maiden voyage on Lake Erie to perch fish. Didn't do as good as I wanted, but what the heck, I enjoyed it. I had a friend with me who helped guide me up there. We stopped at Shines and got bait & put in, I believe, the 72nd st ramps. Does that sound correct? Sorry, but my memory isn't the best. Here's the thing, I just got a new Lowrance and have the Navionics chip and am trying to find that area on it, but don't know what town that is. I know we on here are always quick to respond, so please, someone respond!! Thanks to all...

·
Equal opportunity fishing
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that due east of E 9th? And close to the Burke Lakefront Airport?

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Suggest you contact Shines (216-431-9090) prior to making the trip as well as getting info as to where to launch. You have E.72nd, Edgewater and Wildwood. One of these three Public Launch Sites will get you closer to the perch depending on their location.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Snake glad to see you had a chance to perch fish.
Look for East Cleveland or Bratenahl on your map
and you will find Gordon Park (E72 street)

·
761 Posts
One thing - you actually enter the launch area from N. Marginal road - exit at Martin Luther King, Marginal is the first road north - the entrance is about half way between MLK and 72nd.

·
ol' pal Steve
1,321 Posts
one more thing: Shines is on E. 55th street. He is very helpful in telling what the fish are doing. He will also tell you if it is not a good time and save your gas! I drive from Akron and he saved me many trips when the conditions were bad and it would be better to stay home and wait for another day.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Mike is a great guy and very willing to help. He has been in the bait business his entire life. Shines is the first bait store my Dad took me to when I was a youngster. It is a special place for me.
Your software may show the stacks at the power plant. The launch ramp at E. 72 nd is just east of the stacks. They are located in Cleveland very near the Bratenahl border. If you can locate the east end of the breakwall the ramp is just slightly southeast. The park & ramps are run by the State of Ohio. It might be referred to as Gordon Park.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts

The green line from I-90 is me driving into the parking lot at the boat lauch.
The other green line over the lake is me flying out of Hopkins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts