close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A little disgusted!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rockbass, Aug 3, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I don't know if any of you went to the Train Festival in Dennison this past weekend or not, but there was a booth ther that was selling American flags, but here is the kicker, they were made in China. I think it is bad enough that a lot of the products we need is made in other countries, but why in the heck would us, as in the USA allow American flags that are made in China be sold here?? I mean, I don't think that Flag companies in America are making Iraqi flags and shipping them over there are they? To me, this is crazy and had to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening! :(

2. I understand and support your feelings. I just bought a new flag last month from a Army Surplus Store. Befor I could even ask, the owner proudly stated that all his American Flags are made in America :cool:. I compared the quality of my flag with another which was made in China...no contest, as the one made in China was plain old cotton and very thin material while mine is a woven poly material. Oh, I forgot that the one made in China came with a equally cheap pole.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Two things, one, I recently saw packaging from china that had the American flag on it that only had 48 stars! :rolleyes: Two, at a flea market (Hartville) there were Chinese selling a bunch of knock off goods, including:

DURASELL batteries.

Yes, Durasell with an "s" instead of a "c". Otherwise, looked exactly like Duracell.

Talk about downright, blatant theivery! :mad:

They were selling a pack of about 50 for a buck or two....damn that burns me.

They sure seem to have perfected the art of selling junk.

4. JV1

JV1

next time your out and you want to buy something and you find out it is from another unfriendly country.... come home and buy it here http://madeinusa.org/

5. I recently bought some china that was made in mexico :eek: :eek: :eek: