Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 31st. I finally convinced my brother to try fishing in a local lake due to his health problem. I picked him up around 07:30 and headed for the lake which took some time to get there. We drove right up to the handicap dock and he was able to use his walker without any trouble to the dock. We had or lines in the water around 08:15. In all we had 6 rods out for catfish and 1, I was using for bluegills. When we first got there a nice cool breeze made it a pleasant morning. I finally caught a small rock bass at 09:50, which I then used as live bait. I was unable to get even the bluegills to bite.

As time went by it got warmer and warmer; the breeze died down. My brother was using chunks of thawed Skipjack on his 4 rods. I used cherry seasoned chicken breast, garlic seasoned chicken breast, hot seasoned mett, and the live bait. One rod was dead line; the other was a bobber rig. In 3 hours of fishing we did not even a tap on any of our rods.

I was very upset for I had been told there where a decent number of catfish in the lake. I really had expected to have some action so my brother would be willing to go there in the future. Right now I am not sure if he will do that or insist on going back to fishing in the Ohio River somewhere. I just have no idea where to go due to his walking problem. Well we did get some fresh air and we did try to get some action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts