close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Important Request and Report From Local Angler

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Luke Flywalker, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Luke Flywalker

Luke Flywalker Steelhead Jedi

This is not a fishing report at all and I hope it's cool to post this here. I don't mean to bring anyone down with bad news. I have kept a lot of you on my email list updated with what is going on with my health since x-rays turned up something that looked abnormal on the bone of my left leg. There was major pain in that leg for about two weeks and it stopped after awhile. It now comes and goes.

I met with my doctor here in River and after reviewing the scans, other tests, and the fact I was in major pain, he concluded I may be having a reoccurance on my Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma that I contracted in the late 90's. He put me on pain medicine that only made me sick and all I have been left with since then is bad new, worry, and constipation. Great combo, eh?

Well, today, I went to the Moll Cancer Center for an MRI of the leg and I had extensive bloodwork done at the hospital (Fairview). My white blood cell count was low last time it was checked, so they are checking everything now.

I am not in much pain with the leg anymore and I stopped that awful pain medicine. I have been feeling very slow and sluggish everyday (more than usual). There is much on my mind, due to the fact I am not willing to get Cancer again. This is the first I have been on the site in weeks and seeing your posts much healing and hope.

All we can do now is wait for the tests results to come back. These ones will tell for sure whether I am leaving remission or not. This is the hardest part. I have had three bouts with Cancer and I am only 33. I have a two year old little girl, a beautiful wife, my fly rods, my fly-tying corner, and massive Steelie waiting for me this Fall. I am neady for this if it's for real and like I said, I am NOT WILLING to get sick again.

I thought I would post this in hopes that you may keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers as we wait. Today has been a suck day, period! Everyone is down and just lying around. This is the worst.

OK, I don't wan't to wish any misery on this board. People have asked to post something for me and I have been refusing for this reason, but we all have to look out for each other, right? Sorry, if I let anyone down. I just need to boast in hope and get the heck out of this house tonight and tommorow!

On behalf of the whole family: Thank you so much for you thoughts and prayers!

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Here's hoping for a positive outcome. I know we're charged with judge not by appearances, but it's easier said than done. Keep the faith.

3. catking

catking Banned

I wish you all the luck in the world ;) .Hey, you are not bringing anybody down. Sometimes it's best to talk about it partner ... ;) THE CATKING !!!

4. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

Keep being positive, and like mrfishohio said keep the faith. Thoughts and prayers go to ya. :)

BMF

5. Positive Mental Attitude is a great way to aid the healing process. Best of luck in catching that BIGG STEELY :B this fall. Will be thinking of you.

6. You will be in my prayers. The MAN can do anything.

7. I survived skin and throat cancer.
    I refuse to get discouraged.
    Will definately pray for healing for you.
    Like the previous posts. Keep a positive attitude.
    They are finding new cures all the time.
    Keep the post coming and concentrate on your next fish trip.

8. Praying tonight for you and as long as it takes.

9. fishinrudy

fishinrudy Part time fisherman

Prayers and thoughts to you and your family my friend! You hang in there. You have a lot of people depending on you, especially that baby of yours. If you ever think of the words "I give up," you just think of that little girl's smile. I don't know her, but I have never seen a two year old that didn't brighten the world with their smile.

10. I sure everything will be fine.....I think life is a big test.....I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

11. Hang in there, I wish you the best of luck and strength to deal with this.

12. Well there fishing brother,
    I have put your prayer request to the congregation at my church. Zion Christian Fellowship here in Powell, OH. You are being prayed for several times a day by at least 25 people. Love ya bro, and God Bless you and your family. Just rememberto believe in Him.

13. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

I agree with all the posts. No matter what, you have to keep your faith and keep your head up. I will be praying for you and your family. Please keep us up to date.

lg_mouth
    James 5:16

14. No matter what,keep fighting,never give up.As others stated,they're always finding new cures,so hang in there man,and hope to see you on the streams this fall.

15. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Just watch Lance Armstrong win his seventh consecutive Tour de France and remember where he was nine years ago.

Attitude is everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  16. I will add to the many prayers that have been poured out from everyone here. It is never easy to hear about someone with cancer and to hear about it with someone in their younger years like really is tough. I am hoping that this is not a reoccurrance but rather some other complication that is easily dealt with. Regardless of the diagnosis, take the advice of the positive mental additude to heart. There is a great deal of strength to be gained by a strong will.

Good luck and God bless you and your family.

17. Luke Flywalker

Luke Flywalker Steelhead Jedi

I am sorry everyone, but I am just going to cut and paste what I posted for my friends at TSS. I am so tired, but I want you guys to read this. You were a huge part of this:

NO CANCER!!!!!!!!

I am just going to say it! And you I was afraid to mention God on this site, but it is clear that others are cool with it. Let me just say that I am so amazingly thankful to Him for all He has done through you who have been praying for me and letting me know that my healthg and life does matter to you. You guys absolutely are the best! I love all of you so much for your faithfullness in God for me. I have seriously met a true family of Steelheaders, Trout, and Slamon fishermen whom I do call my friends, my Brothers, and family. Thank you to each and everyone for your intercession on my behalf. I pray that God blesses all of you back 100 times fold for your posts, emails, phone calls, visits, and etc. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Even to those whom I have negelected and ignored. I am so sorry, but I have been so down, sick, and apathetic due to everything. I know I owe a lot of you so much. I am sorry to people like (Chris) smellslikefish and badasfsiherman (Bob). I know you two I owe a call at least. Please understand, my life has been so rough lately in dealing with this and I may just have been feeling sorry for myself. I have no excuse. I am sorry.

But God has been extremely good to me today. I saw my doctor and when he said "No Cancer." I don't want to sound like a wimp, but I cried so hard. Some of you do not know what it feels like to be given that kind of news. I know that those of you who are Cancer Survivors can relate. It was a HUGE moment for me and I felt all of you who care there with me.

All blood tests are normal and everything looks good, but I have a new Oncologist now and will be going for screenings everye 3 months. I am not playing around anymore. I want all of you who shared about your stories of survival to keep in touch with me. You are very speacial and strong people to me, whom I want to get to know and fish with this season.

It turns out though that I have very bad knee if my left that may need surgery to realese the pain it has been given me. Until then, all I can do is take pain killers and care for it until I see the bone guy they gave me.

Now, there is one part of my leg that has not been scanned by MRI, and I have a lot of pain there. The doctor says, "I am not fully out of the woods yet due to the fact that Cancer can develop in this area. So, we will find out tommorow.

You guys are the best! I believe you all are instrumental in this awesome miracle, because there were so many warning signs and now it's done! I love you all and I must go because I am so tired, but maybe we could get together and celebrate if sometime. if not, we will talk soon!

Mathew

PS. I mean all this to everyone at OGF who kept me in prayer, for your posts, and emails. I love you. You can read my "victory" speech at my official weblog site. It says a lot more and whatever. That address is is http://www.xanga.com/stmathew312 . Well, you people know where you stand in my heart! See you on the rivers this fall. If you need anything, let me know. I owe you. God bless.

PPS. I am aware of what the TOS says about "religious" talk, so someone make sure you let me know if this get's out of hand. No one seems offended here. I needed you guys. Thank you!

18. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Glad to hear about your good news. As I was reading the posts it was a pleasent surprise to come upon the great outcome. Hope you continue to receive more wonderful news!

19. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Great news. Hope you are feeling better. At least well enough to go get a line wet. I know it helps me get my mind off of alot of everday stresses. We all have alot to be thankful for, don't forget that. Joe

20. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That's great !! God has a plan. Glad to see you are cancer free, it's truly a blessing for your family too. Blessings my friend, Jim