close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A great evening at West Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TIGGER, Jun 26, 2007.

1. I got invited to hop in Vc1111's boat last night. With the wifes approval I got the green light!! :) I thought no way at first because I was at Saltfork for three straight days before fishing a walleye tournament the days before. I am glad she let me go!!!!!!

I missed a little musky off the bat and got this flathead cat while trolling a risto rap by the dam area. Man we thought we had a nice musky!!!!!! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then right before dark I got this nice Musky on a homemade shad bait! What a great day and fishing to share it with a fello OGF'er to boot. Thanks Vc for the coaching!!!!! I found one that Luredaddy missed!!!!!!!! LOL

[​IMG]

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Nice going Tigger !

3. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

you right !!!!! great fish, great pix !!!

4. How you been doing on the eye's, Tig?

5. Hey CJ. I am into the musky's more than anything right now and the baitmaking.

I have been fishing the W R A walleye trail with Bigdaddy 300. We haven't been tearing them up you might say. Middle of the pack in points. We still have 2 events left and the championship. Hope to kick it up a notch if we can.

6. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Nice Fish! And the shad bait is HUGE!

7. Way to go John. Those baits are working for you. I haven't been out in a while but hope to remedy that soon.

8. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

nice looking fish me and love2troll have been talking about getting together with some fellow ogf members or anyone that has a clue what it is we are doing wrong... We have put in about 70+ hour of trolling WB and leesville with one musky coming on are second trip...so its been awhile...trust me when i say i have done plenty of research and spent plenty of money on lures...

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

John, show us a pic of that lure you made. It looks great from the little I can see. :D
    Its got to be a real thrill to catch a fish on a lure you made yourself. :B

10. I had a blast, John. Can't wait to go with you again.

We gotta get down to Leesville for a day in the next week or two.

I told Larry about your success. He was excited and said, "He'll never be the same.":D

11. Did you get that flathead catfish at west branch ??
    I was told that west branch only had channel cats in it!

12. Yes I got it there. There is a population of them in there. That is the first one that I have caught in WB. I was a bit suprised to catch it because I was we were trolling 4mph in 13 foot of clear water.

I know Reellady has caught some in the past pushing twenty pounds.

Lewzer fishes it alot at night with cut bait. He may be worth contacting about them.

Yes there are some nice channels in there also. I got a 14 lber last year fishing at night with minnows for crappies.

13. Thank you for the info

14. man i never know that their was flat heads in their too.
    that lake has every thing in it smallmouth/largemouth/spotted bass
    muskies/pike/walleye/saugeye/channel cats/bullheads/flatheads/crappy/all kinds of sunfish. carp i mean you want a lake with a chance to catch any kind of fish i think its this lake .wow good job on the flathead and skie
    :T