close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Grand Friday

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by bigwalleye, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Did well on the Grand this morning downstream from the dam. Spinners/Spoons with blue & silver worked well for a buddy and me, about 15 landed with many nice fish in the 7-9lb range. Also saw several caught by guys casting spawn sacs. Good flow, good vis (12-16"?), right place, right time. Good luck this weekend...

2. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

Nice work bigwalleye. I heard you can catch some steel now and then.... If new baby Dock Time starts sleeping through the night, I might get the waders wet again this fall!!!

3. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

I was in the Grand today and pulled 3 fish. Got in the water at 3pm and was out at 5:15pm. A pair of 27 inchers and a small 25 incher. Orange head with black maribou and silver tinsel was the ticket on the first fish and then chartruese head and same body on the other two. Jig and maggot. Actually ran 8lb trilene xl low vis green instead of my 6lb berkley vanish floro and it made little difference in the rain. My short stint at the top of the leader board is well over at Grand River Tackle. I'm down to 7th place already. My 30.5 incher was a light weight male at just under 11 pounds. I wish it was a female. She would have been a solid 12 pounder....

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until the bobber drops again next weekend!

Dock Time