close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Good Baitcaster

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by FISH OR DIE, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Was Looking To Purchase A Top Of The Line Baitcaster And Want Some Opinions On Them. What Do You Think About The One By Quantum Model (energy Ptxm ) Or The (accurist Pt)?

2. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

For $120.00 you can't beat the Shimano Curado. Very smooth and easy to cast. My 2 cents

3. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

i have the garcia, i love it, my bud just got the accurist pt for $120 at gander mountain. it rocks!

http://www.quantumfishing.com/catalog/ac500PT.htm is the one he has.... its super sweet. a little more expensive than the garcia though.

the curado is sweet too.

if money did not matter i would get the ac500pt

4. Thank Guys For The Input ( Means Alot) Peace And Fish Alot :p

5. littleking

anytime let us know how you did on the big water

6. brandonjh00

brandonjh00 wannabebasspro

my two cents.....the curado's are great, but make sure you get the super free. Bass Pro has some nice new models this year, the prolite is small and really nice, the rick clunn model is awesome for $80, and if you want to spend money, look into the johnny morrison models.

7. littleking

$ for $ i would got quantum myself... not a chevy vs. ford issue but from actually using both of them

8. brandonjh00

brandonjh00 wannabebasspro

I haven't used the new quantum, but my accurist pt from last year hasn't taken much abuse. I have to constantly lube it, the handle keeps stripping loose, and it casts like $@#$. :)

I do like the energy series though, but haven't used them.

9. So Is It Junk Or Did You Just It A Lemon Of A Reel

10. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Curado's are good but I like my Calcutta's for maximum casting distance and you can load em down with heavy line. The Curado has taken a backseat to my new love.
    the import
    'SCORPION'

[​IMG]

11. Man That's A Nice Reel ! What Does It Cost? And Who Is Handleing It?

12. littleking

13. What Was The One You Were Talking About Little King?

14. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

My scorpion loaded with 30lb. iron silk and a few drops of rocket fuel can't be touched. An absolute dream to cast ...it screams like a small jet engine taking off like the Calcutta's. I have fun just casting this thing!

15. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

Everyone has their own "good" baitcasting reel so it is like Ford folks sticking with Fords and Chevy folks sticking with Chevies no matter the "facts". Just find one that feels right in your hand and goes with what style of fishing you do. What I look for in a baitcaster since I am still learning tricks are instant anti-reverse and backlash control. My baitcasting reels (Browning, Abu Garcia, and Catmaxx (Bass Pro name brand) have magnetic backlash dial controller or centrifugal brake system. It helps to prevent backlash especially when throwing towards the wind or learning how to use baitcasting reels.

My Catmaxx for $50 as good as my $150 Browning reel and $70 Abu Garcia. The Catmaxx has 3-metal ball bearings and a 6 pin centrifugal braking system and it casts pretty good especially for catfishing when I load up with heavy sinkers and large baits.