close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A good and cheap 6' one piece Medium Action

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by cheezemm2, Nov 4, 2004.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Well, it doesn't really matter if it's spinning or spincasting, but this is pretty much going to be an all around use pole and my backup for Erie...I'm having a hard time finding one piece rods running around...if anyone has any suggestions, lemmie know!

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i like fenwick rods..doesn't cost as much as st croix or loomis, but its top notch in quality..

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Depends on what you call cheap. I like Falcon rods. About $60. I have to order one piece rods from Kames.There's always Ugly Sticks. Their spinning rods are too flippy in my opinion. The casting rods are much stiffer. About $30.

4. JBJ

JBJ

Come on in to the Galyans on Sawmill Road Cheezemm2 and we'll see if we can fix you up with something.

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I've got a Galyans Medium action 6' 6" (I believe it to be IM-6) 1 piece I will sell you for a very reasonable price. Let me know. i can send pics. The rod has barely been used and is less than 2 years old. It's been setting on my rod rack for the last 1.5 without any use. I'll even throw in a barely used Shimano Solstace reel all for $45.

6. good cheap rods. falcon rods would be my choice. the silver series. i think you can get them from $55 up

7. Shakespeare intrepid titanium 6' med action. For around 20 dollars when on sale are very hard to beat for a back up casting/perch rod. I actually like it as much as my falcon lowrider for casting/drifting, at 1/4 the price.

Scott

8. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Well, I'm thinking I'm going to go down the ugly stick road just because last year while fishing I literally fell on my rod(ugly stick) and it saved me from going into the drink...trust me.....It would've been a cold cold cold dip too...(If you wanna hear that story ask and I'll tell)I do a lot of fishing on the rocks as well as boats so if it's going to have some rough and tumble rides I don't wanna spend too much. The one I use for Erie stays put because it was a Christmas present...The one ugly stick I do own is strictly a catfish rod, but tough as nails...Thank you, and I'll probably stop up at Galyan's anyways! Later on fellas!