Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sold my 19' four winns outboard. When I was living in NE Ohio it was a great Erie perching and Ohio River catting boat. Not to mention the wife loved the floating couch! We have had it in storage and really miss having the ability to trailer wherever we want to go. Our neighborhood in Columbus is not a boat in the driveway kinda place. So here's the catch...

I need to find a boat/trailer combo that is 19' long and 7' wide at a maximum. I'd prefer the width to be closer to 6 foot, 6 inches. I have been eyeballing the crestliner discovery 1450 side console, but can't for the life of me find out if it has a swing tongue! Any help on small boats that fit the bill would be super helpful. I'm not opposed to a 14-17' boat if it fits.

She still has to be able to get her car in the garage...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Check with the marina. They should be able to fit you with a trailer with a swing tongue to go with the boat you are looking at.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I would look for the absolutely biggest boat I could fit in the garage and see if I could do some trailer modifications as/if needed to help it fit in the garage. Most modifications are fairly inexpensive and are fairly easy to do. The difference if feel between a 14' and a 17' boat is huge.
Lot of places sell kits to modify trailer tongues.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
i have owned everything from 14' to 28' and let me tell you, you can go to small as well as to big. the 28' was just to big. i settled on a 21' that i can tube with or fish erie with. go with the biggest boat that fits your needs. you just wouldn't be happy with a small boat. get the 19' if it will fit then get the add on tongue kit and you'll be much happier.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
FYI, the 2008 Lowe FM175 that recently sold was about 21' so, figure boat length plus 2' for motor plus 2' for trailer tongue. That 21' was with the swing tongue turned. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts