close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

a first for me!!!!!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carxman17, Aug 30, 2007.

1. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

I decided to go down to the lmr wed morn. in Loveland. Got there about 8:00 am. started throwning a little pop r. about 8:15 I was throwing it just below some ripplies and wham a big ol smallie hit it like a freight train. it took drag and I finally got him to the bank he was about 18'' long and fat. this was my first smallie ever. What a thrill my first one I'd estimate 3 pounds maybe? Anyway I ended up catching 3 more small ones maybe 10 to 12'' and 1 white bass. All and all a good first time on the lmr!!!!!:) :D

2. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

Thats impressive Carx....an 18" smallie in the LMR is a rare feat (comparative) in the LMR. I fish it 3 days a week or so, for YEARS.....only 1 over 18" this year...(18.5). I have gotten quite a few 17"+ and LOTS of 16"'s but an TRUE 18" is a bragging fish in these parts!! Congrats.

BTW....the smallest 18" smallie I have ever weighed in LMR was 2lb 13oz....so 3+ lbs is a good bet on your 18.

3. carxman17

Where do you fish on lmr?

4. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Nice fish and start to your smallie addiction. As LMRsmallmouth said an 18" is a prize in the river. Congrats on a great day. S

5. carxman17

Yea i'm addicted. I have always wanted to fish for smallies but didn't know they were in the lmr. I live about 200 yards from there but there is no axcess by my house. my dad & my grandpa fished it when i was little but never had the chance. The only problem now is I am spoiled by catching such a chunk the first time it will be hard to top.....

6. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

I fish.......in the water...lol
    I have a Kayak so I fish any stretch I want to. There are smallies throughout the entire 85 miles of canoeable/kayakable stretch beginning to end.

7. Nice way to spend a morning. Now you know what we have been talking about for years. Congrats on you first smallie and it going 18" just makes the morning even better.

8. Walter,haven't you caught some Pigs up around Xenia that go 20+"?