close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A few smallies from Dale hollow I just got developed

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Marshall, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

A few pictures of this springs trip to dale hollow with Justin (crankus maximus). Its about time I got the film developed.

Attached Files:

2. Those are great pictures. I take it you released them so they can be caught again. Smallies are almost a fair fight against normal gear, eh?

3. Isn't Dale Hollow right there near Cumberland, or am I mistaken? About a five hour trip right? I have a friend who is a Cumberland right now. I want our club to make a trip in that direction next year, so we'll see. What'd you catch the smallies on?

4. Marshall

Of course I released them. It took around 5 hrs to get there. Both fish were caught on bandit 300 craw pattern.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Marshall...looks like you were down there in early spring, like we were last year :) C-c-c-cold!!

We're going again this March (Horsecreek) and specfically going when it's cold so we can float-n-fly. You guys interested? We haven't booked yet, but will here in the next month or so. We've got 2 boats for sure, and hopefully Tee will be joining us with his boat too.

Warpath...it's about 1.5 hours south of Cumberland...you drive right past it. DH has a slot limit on smallies, and I think you can only keep 1 over 21". We released all of ours, but photographed them all :)

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

We fished up Horse Creek. We had another name for it. Those were caught in the pool by the damn. They were caught on the first day and then we blanked the rest of the week - except for a 20-30lb sheephead that hammered a BPS crank. Thought I had the world record smallie on. Go figure.

7. Marshall

Hey shake I think we were planning on going the 2nd week in april to try to get more shallow fish. Thanks for the invite but I'd rather let it warm up a bit. Plus I would have to buy a new rod for the float n fly.

8. nice pictures maybe i will get my pictures developed some day.i haven't shot up all my film yet.where is the picture of the sheep head.
    baby bass :) :) :)

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

We had 2 days in the high 50's, one day 40 one day 35deg last year...temps were erratic, but our best days came on the cold days. Nothing huge, but 3 went over 21" with plenty of 18-20" fish the whole trip. Had so much fun catching them on the f-n-f, that I can't go back and fish for them any other way :D If you do ever want to try it, I use an 11 foot wally marshall crappie rod, $29.99 @ BPS.

Last year, we stayed in Byrdstown, and trailered 45 mins every day to Horse Creek. This year, we want to stay close or at Horse Creek...any recommendations?

10. crankus_maximus

Cedar Hills. We got a cabin 100 yards from the ramp. So convenient. After all, we did go there to fish.

11. shakedown, crankus maximus,and marshall and four others stayed at cedar hill in celina tenn.we all stayed for about $70.00 each for three nights.great cabin,lots of room.three bed rooms +two couches that made beds.stove fridg.coffee pot,microwave, everything you need.great people down there.p.s.
    ask crankus maximus about sherry.
    baby bass :) :) :)

12. crankus_maximus

Just thinkin about her gets me all hot and bothered :eek: :eek:

"Those steaks are so good, I might just be me anothern'."

500lbs of pure fun.

13. hay crankus maximus i heard you are going to cabelas thursday,i'll be there.hope to see you there, we can talk about dale hollow and sherry. :rolleyes: baby bass :) :) :)

14. crankus_maximus

My mother-in-law will be tagging along looking for birthday and Christmas ideas for me. I will probably get there around 10-11. I thought I would try and miss all of the hoopla from the 20-29th. I'm bringing the camera. It will be a spectacle to behold!