A Decent Weekend PiCs And ViDeO!

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Nov 17, 2008.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Up north here it was really snowing Friday Eve so headed out to a buddy of mines and saw 2 does and a button. Damn it was cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This whole weekend!!!!!!! And windy!!!!!!!!!!
    Then decided Saturday was nasty so headed to Springfield at 3:00 this morning got in the stand on time and spooked one walking in then had another walk by early (A Doe) Around 8 after another hunter left I saw some movement out ahead of me used a bleat... Turns out being 2 REALLY DUMB little ones doe and button. I took pics and videos of these lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I went out this eve to a small out of the way woods and had a mother and button and doe walk right underneath me. I moved to try and get a better look at them b/c I was actually sitting in the crook of the tree... not even in a stand lol and they spooked.
    A decent weekend for sure but I really wanted a buck this year with a bow... I'll still be satified if I can get one anyway!
    Good Luck out there-Be safe!

2. Sounds like a good weekend. I saw the deer moving Saturday morning in the down pour. You couldn't hear them come in, so I spent the whole morning with my neck on a swivel. Neck has been sore today due to all the turning. I saw 3 bucks Saturday morning. (Nice 9, basket 7, and a half-rack 3) Saturday evening, I saw 2 bucks chasing a Doe way in the distance. If I would guess from the rack size, I would say there we an 8 and a 6.

Didn't see a thing on Sunday. I think the wind played a role in that. I don't think I am going to get back out until the 26th. I have been hunting hard since week 1. I need a weekend to catch up on rest.