close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

a day to remember

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Jun 12, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

no,it has nothing to do with fishing :D
    wasn't sure whether to post or not,but what the hey.here goes
    i just spent what was probably the best day of my life,with my wife.we celebrated our 5th anniversary today,and i have to say that the past five years have been the best of my life.after over 50 years and 3 failed marriages,totalling 25 years,i finally met my match :cool:
    she has been my salvation,and inspiration.she accepts my fishinging addiction(though she doesn't understand it)and works herself ragged,while i draw my little disability check and spend it on my fishing habit.she does this without complaint,and even forces me to buy tackle and fish at times when i feel guilty about doing so.
    i just thought i'd give her a little well deserved recognition and let those less fortunate, know what it's like to have such a wonderful woman in your life.

ps........................wormdrowner,watch out.this could happen to you some day,believe it or not :eek: :D ;)

2. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

thats great misfit congrats on your 5th anv ant 100th post ;) i am coming up on a year on next sat she also understands fishing but i still dont fish as much as i would like to (too much work) congrats again.........JIM :cool:

3. Congratulations on your anniversary and may those in the future be just as or even more enjoyable. You are truly fortuneate to have a wife that is supportive of your love of fishing. Please pass the congratulations on to your wife also. :)

4. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

congrats misfit, i know how you feel, i,m on my 2nd and we are at 12 years and my better half and beleive me she is the better half but more important than that we are best buddies and always will be no matter where life takes us... :cool:

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

congrats rick!!!
    it's nice when you have one that understands the things that you enjoy and doesn't try to change you or not let you enjoy them.
    me & the mrs. are gonna celebrate our 20th this year and to be truthful about it,i never have been able to figure out just what she sees in me! :confused: i guess i'm just lucky to have her.
    anyway,take her out somewhere nice and have a real good time!

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Rick, congrats. What your really saying is you found someone that keeps you in-line ;) I know how that goes. I'll have 35 years soon with my better half. How she ever put up with me, I'll never know. Sometimes it take a few times to find the right one and sometimes you get lucky with the first one. I should send her (your wife) a sympathy card :D

7. catking

catking Banned

Nice Thread Rick. You and Bonnie are good people ;) And yes, you have met your match :D Life sometimes does get sweeter with age.Congratulations on what must be a very nice 5 years !!! See you soon. CATKING

8. Congrats Rick! I can truely relate....

My first wife was BAAD NEWS when it came to my fishing habits. Well, 12 years ago, I found one that accepts them. And what a habit it's become!!!

Well, I'm going fishing!

Carl

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks guys.
    dale,i think you're right about your first statement ;) and i'm sure she'll appreciate the card :D
    i doubt there are many women who would have stood by me through these past few years,with such selflessness.

congrats to you,ful,on your first,and may you have many many more :)

today,my youngest son is getting married for the second time,and i hope he finds with his new bride,what i've found with my wife:cool:

10. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Misfit..Congrats buddy!
    Your wife and my Liz sound like they are cut from the same mold.
    Question??? How did two guys like us get so lucky? :D

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks lewis.
    i think it was a combination of our overwhelming charm and animal magnetism :cool: :D