A couple of first's today!

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Walleye Mafia, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Walleye Mafia

Walleye Mafia Proud Walleye Addict

My dad and I fished the Chagrin river today and we both caught our first river steelies. We went 4 for 5 with the biggest being around 28". All the fish were caught on brown colored spawn sacs. We also saw 3 does come down to the river about 30 yards away and a few seconds later here came the big buck :! after them. That was really cool. Great day and I wouldnt have wanted to do it with anybody else. Thanks to everybody who has helped me get us steered somewhat in the right direction!!!!

2. All right! Way to go to both of you on the first steelies landed! But where are the pics!?! You gotta get some pics of your firsts! Well congrats to you both.

John

3. Walleye Mafia

Thanks guys!! I tried to put my pics on but they were taken on my cell phone and it wouldnt let me do it. The camera will be with us next time for sure!

4. Were you fishing at the soccer fields? If you were I know where you saw the dear. The past three weekends I have been fishing a spot there where I have seen as many as 10 doe's come out of the other side. Never saw the buck though, he must be chasing the good stuff......! The deer that I saw were actually close enough to hit with a bow, and they were drinking out of the river. Cool to see anyway, glad someone else got to see them also!

5. Walleye Mafia

Yep, walked aways from there though. Ive been there twice now and saw them both times. Only saw the buck this trip though. That just adds to the fun. That was the biggest buck ive ever seen. They were close enough to us to hit too, but I cant hit a deer with a cannon so the thought never crossed my mind. lol. I get the shakes too bad when I see a deer to be a hunter, so I gave it up.