close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Call for HELP

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Sep 13, 2004.

1. I just got back from Long Lake where the missing fisherman hasn't been found. Searchers are trying to organize a group of boats to help locate the missing fisherman, Garry Riffle, and give his family some closure.

If you are in the Akron area and have a boat, PLEASE head over to Long Lake. You can launch at the Cove Rd. ramp and then head to T's Long Lake Tackle and check in. Tim, the owner of the baitshop, is getting the search organized.

Boats with electronics would be helpful. There has only been one sherrif's patrol boat out looking and several fishermen, but with the size of the lake, they need more help.

For more info, you can call me at 330-535-4105. This plea is made by fishermen to all us fishermen to help the family out in this difficult time. I also let them know that they're in all our prayers and we'd do what we can to help.

Thank you.

2. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Carl,
    Is there a Horsepower restriction on Long Lake? Will organized searches be ongoing until he is found? Rob and I would like to help any way that we can.

Marcia

3. I was gonna go out last nite and help in my boat but I couldn't find Big Daddy there-should I just go out and look around or is it organized or what???

4. Someone called the TV station and reported the fisherman has been found. I'm trying to confirm that now, as we just got the call.

To all those who were out yesterday helping, and to all those who planned to go help out today, thank you. It's good to see all the support out there. I'm sure the family appreciates the help, the prayers, and all the support we have given and can continue to give.

I'd like to start a thread, as we have done before, that shows the family that they're in our thoughts and prayers. I'll print the entire thread out and get it to the family.

Thanks again.

5. The searchers HAVE NOT found the body of the missing fisherman. The sherrif's dept's dogs have hit on a few "spots of interest" on the lake. They have closed the lake to boat traffic and are getting divers ready to head out to investigate the spots they've marked.

Again, they aren't allowing boats out there right now. Hopefully, they can give the family some closure today.

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Glad I saw your post Carl,I was just getting ready to hook up the boat,and head out there.
    I hope they find him.
    Keep us updated.