close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Bum start to the day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Got up and let Daisy and Penney, my lovely, happy, well intentioned canine girls out the door around 7AM. At 7:15AM I decided to leave them in through the garage so I could clean the mud off their feet and then give them their morning feed. :)
    Well, that whole plan went South as I raised the garage door, called the girls and was greeted by the wonderful smell of POLECAT! Yep, they both got a full dose :( and have since undergone the complete threatment of deoderization which they totally enjoyed. :rolleyes: Thank gosh the petshop had Natures Friend on the shelf. This is a fifth experience for Daisy and number one for Penney.
    Now all that is left is for me to get the residual odor off my hands so I can go back to start enjoying the day.

2. Boy, that stinks Ron. LOL.

3. That stinks

sucky way to start the day, wouldn't she learn after the 5th time?

4. LOL,they must have been on the move this am.When my daughter dropped off the granddaughter this morning she was whining about running one over and her car smelled real bad :) It is not funny unless it happens to someone else :D

5. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

It's that time of year when all of the male skunks turn into "Pepe Le Pue". :D

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I know how you feel, I had my dog run thru the house and jump in my bed just after getting sprayed!

7. UGH! :eek: And I thought I had it bad. :rolleyes:

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

That Daisy just don't learn. Either that or she likes the smell:D .

Our one dog got it in the face once. Now she keeps a respectful distance and howls at them like a good hound dog.

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Where you going fishing today?Just wondering so I can sit here and daydream till about 4:00. I'd be on West Branch right now if I was free like you.

10. That is definitely a bummer when the dogs find a smelly treat like that. The dog that we used to have got nailed about 3 times over the years. It ain't easy to get rid of either. I have tried all of the remedies and none of them work completely. Once you get to a certain point it just takes some time to wear it off.

There seems to be an unbelievable number of them in our area this season. It seems that you can not get a mile down the road but what you are dodging one on the road.:eek:

11. Dingo

Dingo

Try douche for your hands and anything left on the pups. It is designed to remove offensive odors in other applicatons, so works quite well at a decent price for skunking. Now if I can only ensure that the cashier at Wal-Mart knows that a case is for a my pet instead of a significant other...

12. Yep. That was one of the home remedies that I tried.;) Like I said when the dog gets nailed good it ain't all coming off until it is ready to come off.:eek:

13. Here's a taxidermy recipe that apparently works better than anything else. I draw the line at skunks, so I've not used it. ;)
    1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
    1/4cup baking soda
    1 teaspoon liquid soap

14. ohhhhhhhhh that reminds me... I'll start another thread ;)

15. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

au de skunk! This is no joke. I'm as serious as a heart-attack. I've heard from a pest control person that Summer's Eve works well in this situation.

16. Who is the genius that figured out that Summers Eve works on skunk smell ;-)

lol

Tim

17. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

A long-term remedy might be the 17 HMR sportster on sale at Gander Mountain, that and a little hot dog bait.

18. How the heck do you get the skunk to lay still so you can use summer eve onit?

19. For that answer. you need to refer to steelmagoo's suggestion in the prior post.
    :D

20. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

You guys got me dyin' here!!!LOL "You might be a redneck if youv'e ever used a turkey baster to Do$#&% a skunk" LOL :D Sorry guys, couldn't stand it no mo'! lol Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015