close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

a bittersweet moment

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bulafisherman, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Took my 4 boys (7 to 15) out last night for some pond bass fishing, the 10,13 and 15 year old did their own thing fishing with artificals,catching countless big bluegills and bass anywhere from 8 to 14 inches. I baited and took off fish for my 7 year old,using nightcrawlers and his new zebco 202 he got for his birthday last week he was having a field day! all of a sudden his bobber goes down and he started getting excited telling me dad I don`t think I can catch this one he`s to big and the fight was on! well he got tired before the fish did and just started hossing the fish by walking away from the pond up the bank and got him up to shore a 20 inch 4 pound plus bass! In our excitement we ran over to the truck grabbed my cellphone and he snapped a picture of me holding the fish and I finally talked him into holding the fish for a trophy shot! then we proceeded to let him go. what a fish!!! alittle while later one of my boys wandered over from the other side of the pond and wanted to see the pictures we had taken......In our excitement we forgot to hit save on the phone after taking the shots!!! no pictures only memorys! what a bittersweet moment.:( :mad:

2. You'll have the memory for ever and that's the most important thing. If you pic up a cheap digital camera you will get better pics and not have to worry about saving them. My daughter Carly caught one the same size when she was 6. First time out at Walborn. They took her pic at the marina and she was in the Canton Repository. I also got her pic on the ODNR top ten fish of the week. Now she's almost 11 and wants a trophy muskie to put over the fireplace mantle.

3. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

Bula, now you know how I felt when Jackie Onasis, Bigfoot, an Alien and Lochness all came out of the woods together one day and I forgot to put film in my camera..lol,,joking.. joking.
    I did that with my phone at a Rock concert, was able to get a picture next to the lead singer...clicked the red button and thought it was automatically stored like my previous cell phone used to do..WRONG, bad move, got home and my girlfriend reminded me I have to push "store".
    Either way, I agree with Mad, the memories and time together along with it still back in the lake for another attempt is more than a picture will do.