Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wouldn't mind them giving fines to big boats at the ramp. We've all been to the busy ramps and people are taking up ramp space because they didnt use the courtesy ramp when it was busy and now they are trapped in a line of trucks because the ramps are slow because they backed them up. Or they use it like it's their personal ramp and work on their boat talk to friends while their is a line waiting. Those disrespectful people should be ticked. Some know they are and just dont care.

·
Registered
48 Posts
At rocky there is an old boat ramp perfect for kayakers to launch. It's far to the right and you could launch 5 kayaks at a time there. People are just too lazy and selfish. Go forbid that they have to wheel their kayak 100 yards to launch. Nooooo, they must block the ramp, take forever, oblivious to the line of people frustratingly waiting staring at them. Not just rocky, everywhere. I tie up at the courtesy dock, get trailer, pull boat out and pull it waaaaay out of the way in the back of lot to secure boat. People, it isn't rocket science! The way of the world now is efffffff the next guy, me me me me.

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,188 Posts
I'm pretty sure the kayakers have to pay just like the boaters when they park in the lot.
supposed to pay ... absolutely if they're using the launch ... unfortunately, any sort of enforcement of those rules of any kind by the people we're paying for the privilege of using therm is sadly lacking ... maybe they don't want to limit access and oppress the masses 🤐 leave your trailer in the parking lot after you've launched your Lund and see what kind of greeting card is on your windshield when you get back :eek: gonna speculate that the Gendarmes know that mid morning and afternoon are the prime times to catch launch pass scofflaws and hand out easy fines before they commit more heinous crimes 🤓 they don't bother with the middle of the day much ...

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
1,932 Posts
I'm pretty sure the kayakers have to pay just like the boaters when they park in the lot.
Frickster - I challenged the CMP person on the rules requiring boaters with trailers to have a sticker or permit, while the others do not and still have the use of the ramps and docks. His answer to me was "we do not have the manpower to check every car in the lot. If they use a trailer, they have to have the sticker."

So if you are in a car with boats on top, you don't need the sticker. But his answer was honest and pathetic at the same time. This is government run crap at its best. Just like the golf courses don't have a marshall on the course most times. Slows everybody down because no one is telling people how to behave. ITs human nature I guess.

Rickerd

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,188 Posts
So if you are in a car with boats on top, you don't need the sticker. But his answer was honest and pathetic at the same time. This is government run crap at its best. Just like the golf courses don't have a marshall on the course most times. Slows everybody down because no one is telling people how to behave. ITs human nature I guess.
exackt-act-actly right ... but I thought it was a ramp use sticker ... no rocket science there :unsure: if you have a private kayak ... or paddleboard ... in the water you used it :geek: just send a guy down on saturday and sunday for a few weeks and you'll have all kinds of new permits :sneaky: or fines 🤑 it would easily pay the salary of whoever had to be there ...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not to add any more to the issues everyone has brought up but at 72nd street ramps the other day there was like 14 people fishing on the dock ramps. I don't think they are paying a fee. Dock ramps should be for launching and recovery only. I agree kayakers should have a designated launch area and only launch from there. Do they think that other boaters don't ever wait in a line? Huh

·
Registered
113 Posts
Venting to one another accomplishes nothing. Give CMP a call or send an email to share your concerns with suggestions for improvements to consider. If CMP hears nothing the assumption is that things are running great.

·
Registered
179 Posts
NOT!
I read in a CMP article that kayakers don’t have to pay fees.
Here’s a suggestion, have CMP start ticketing cars in spots designed for vehicles w trailers. The whole idea of the fees are to generate revenue, right? Although in their defense they did put up cameras and the nice cleaning station @ Gordon Park.
I’m done venting; And launching during the weekends!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts