close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A bigger, better, bolder BASS Tour in 2006

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Jan 27, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. I like everything except the part about having the classic in February. That pretty much eliminates ever having the classic in the Northern states again. I think it's great to have the longer season and that also help strengthen a true 'Angler Of The Year' Title.

3. I'd like to know why they wouldn't have a series here in Ohio. Yeah, I understand that fishing in TN and KY and the FLA lake is great, but fishing here on Lake Erie is great too. I think we should petition BASS to have a Midwest region of the Bassmaster Series that includes Erie (one Eastern basin and one western), St. Clair, And maybe some of the other great lakes in the MI/IN?OH area. What do you think?

I know Trip Weldon is in charge of the series. You know the one where amateurs can fish as a boater or non-boater in a weekend series locally. We should press for one closer to the midwest.

Eric

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I agree with you TritonBill. Scratch the spring for the classic. What am I talking about. Wouldn't February classify as the winter for us northerners!!!

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I have a feeling they wont be coming back to the Ohio River ever again after the classic this year.. I could be wrong though

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

They need to have it at Chautaqua one year.

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I fell in love with that lake the first time I fished it