close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Big THANK-YOU !!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I want to say thank-you to everyone who came out to our Member Appreciation Outing yesterday!

Linda and Causeway Bait & Tackle did a stellar job of hosting us again.
    Thank-you so much Linda. All of the dishes you personally prepared were great. :) !% :B

The weather turned out to be beautiful after the rain passed through Friday.

Saturday was a great time to meet and talk with new members, and see and talk to old friends/members again! !% :B
    There were just too many of you to try to list! :D :B :

And the food! I couldn't get a chance to try all of the different dishes that were there, I got too full. :D

I also want to especially thank everyone who helped out with the kids and the games we had for them.

Christie, Connie, Woody, you guys were great! Thank-you so much for your help! I really enjoyed meeting all of you!

rattletraprex and wave warrior- thank-you for bringing your own personal family games to share! They were very much enjoyed! !% :B

If anyone has some pics from yesterday, please post them here if you can!

2. Well I'm 0 for 3. I had just joined and didn't really know about it in 05, was in Raystown Lake last year, and had to take care of my youngest daughter Alex who had her tonsils out Friday this year. Hope everyone had a great time and maybe next year for me.

3. It was a great time. The minnow races were entertaning too. I also got to talk with alot of the guys and had a blast, And i got a 9" gill off of the docks. :)

4. Me and Huntibull thought everyone would still be hanging around so we stayed on the water until about 6. We came in and no one was there! Well except a few people.

5. I want to give out a very big thanks out to Linda and the Causeway Crew for having all of us again as guest. Also, to Poochies for the excellent steak dinner on Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning. It great meeting alot of old faces and some new ones (Justin S, Christie). Since I won the drift sock, I guess I'll have to find a boat now....lol. I wished that I could have stayed one more night and got to witness the big bon fire, but I had to be at work today at 7am in Columbus. When I get home tonight, I'll try to post some pictures I took.

Darryl

6. Well just got home from another great outing! Food was excellent and the people were great. Prizes were nice too! Fishing wasn't so hot though but the weather was perfect after the blast Friday. Hope the kids enjoyed the games,all the games came home in perfect condition so want to thank the kids and those who helped them. The minnow races were a hoot! The bonfire was great also,liked the added touch Capt. Musky gave it! Just have to remember to camp up wind of it next time cause an ember landed on Reeldirty1's tent and burned through a pair of jeans and his air mattress.Took a few pics but need a new camera.Who were the one's camping beside us? She's the one with the camera in pic. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Nick, I wondered what happened to you! ;)

8. It was a great day all the way around. Beautiful weather, great food, met some great people, even caught a few fish! Who could ask for anything more?

Finally met several face to face that I had talked with online and on the phone. A special surprise for me was to meet Sonia Wolf, the coordinator for the OHio DOW Hunter Ed program. Great to meet and talk with you finally. Hope all enjoyed themselves and am glad we can have outings such as this.

Huntinbull

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

10. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

whos the pretty pretty prinncess???????

Attached Files:

11. We had a blast! I posted my thank you's in a diff topic but it can not be said enough...Thank you! Here are some pics from the minnow race. The kids loved the minnow race..ok us adults loved it too!.

There was so much food I too did not get to sample it all. I did get to try chipawas (sp) walleye chowder and it was delicious!!!

Linda and her crew were fabulous! Linda it was a pleasure meetin you and you are an inspiration to me. Please tell Siera hi for us. She was so kind to my girls. And please pass onto bret that Allie says HI! She has not stopped talking about him for 1 second. He is such a good kid.

We will definately attend next year. we won some great door prizes. and TY Linda for the poles. The kids are excited and can't wait to use them.

Ruminator it was a pleasure mtg you and your wife. Big Daddy it was nice to meet you as well. Justin S and Christie it was nice mtg you and my girls say HI!

I have to tell the Woody Mcdonald story and sorry christie I have to tell the hamburger story, LOL! Friday night about 10:30pm I wanted mcdonalds so I made woody drive us to find one. When we got there we were so tired from all the fun that woody goes to the drive up window, gives the girl the money then drives off. as we go to leave I look at him and say "where's the food?" He realizes what he did and goes back through the drive through. The girl taking the order was so confused she had her manager give us the food, LOL! so I thought that was funny till I got back to camp and heard about Christie's mishap. Justin said he was hunrgy so he had christie fix him a burger. she did. As he's eating it he said man this has some tough lettuce on it. Guess what it wasn't lettuce it was the slips of paper that divide the meat. LOL! Now I did not feel so bad about woody and the mcdonalds drive off. LOL! You guys are so much fun. glad we met you.

Hope to meet more people. If ya missed it this year make sure you come next year.
    connie

Attached Files:

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Thanks for the Pictures Jim, enjoyed the evening again, we made it until 3:00 AM this time:D Things got quiet after you left, no one to help me load the fire.
    Good to see you again though.

13. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

the ride home was fun we were singing johney cash and i crashed after that i figured it was time to leave all the furniture and tv's were burnt up and when i have kids no stuffed animals for them that thing levitated i am going to try to make hogfest but it was good to see you again.....jim

oh i got to get me a 38 special they are tv killers ;)

14. TheSonicMarauder

TheSonicMarauder Yes i slept on the couch

i had a blast met some new people who were really cool as well as ones i met last year... i had a great time.... the couch was cold, but comfy lol although i do wish i heard dale say he had a spare tent DOH! lol.. even my constant battle with trying to get my truck started couldnt keep me from having an awesome time. thanx for the beer and the push brandon.... now get off the phone, your gonna fry yer brain as much as you talk on that thing lol

met little35 and he was nice enough to take me out on his niiiiiice boat that purred like a quiet kitten where i caught my first ever walleye BONUS! :D a super nice guy and fun to bs with while fishing. VE ARE ZEE GERRRRMANS ZEE PORSCHE CAYENNE IZ HAUT LIKE ZEE PEPPER [​IMG]

also hangin out with justin s., christie and bigfoot after they came back from pooches and were all totally lit.... it was pretty funny lol.. although i didnt think christies burgers were all that bad... i had them on saturday.... although i opted for no "Pre rigged white lettuce" ;)... they were just as fun sober as they are hammered and good people nonetheless

Brandon, dale, Jim(rumi), Carl, and everyone else who help put this thing on...... I HAD A BLAST and i loved hanging out with you guys and bsing and helpin out, eventhough i felt like i shouldve helped more... ill try to make it up at hawgs fest

Gene, Steelhead bob, wave warrior, rattletrap rex, snag and everyone else i got to meet and hang out with this weekend.... it was good meeting you and hangin out with everyone

i also got to meet fishinful and steelhead1 who are co workers with my mom and got to hear horror stories of how my mom and her workers like to lose keys and passcards lol

speaking of losing keys by any chance did anyone just so happen to find a single chrysler key with a key fob laying around... i had it before i left to go to the outing on friday and im 99% sure i left it on the table here at home but we've turned this house upside down and are unable to find it so i figured id ask on here just to make sure...... hopefully is wasnt in the couch i slept on before yall through it in the fire :eek: :eek: its really no biggy i told mom id buy her a new fob and key if we couldnt find it but still i thought id ask

and last definately not least..... THANX LINDA AND THE REST OF THE CAUSEWAY CREW..... thanx again for hosting the event again.... and letting me borrow the couch by the fire :eek: i still wish you werent selling the store tho :( it wont be the same without you and the crews presence... but ya gotta do what ya gotta do... you have a good group of people there.... everyone is ready to assist you and where else can you go to find pretty young ladies who know a ton about fishing tackle... lol hopefully the new owners are just as good of people as you are linda.... eventhough we all know yer one of a kind :) thanx again

Suggestion for next year:
    Minnow Racing Tournament.... 3 classes: stock(small minnows), Pro Stock(medium minnows) and Top Fuel(them big ole shiners that linda has) and each racer has to choose his/her minnow and keep it alive in an aerated bucket till they are knocked out.... that would be awesome! lol

15. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Hahaha nice pics Jim! Can't wait to pay that back someday...I'll be gunnin (not tv style!) for you to be at the Hawg Fest :D

Great time for sure. Really cool to meet and hang out with everyone face to face...nice change from all the typin. Steelheadbob and I made WAY (not really) too many trips to the bait shop, and I even managed to push Sonic's truck in the fray. I heard today that "shots were fired", and I'm bummed I missed out on em.

Thanks to Linda and the girls for their hospitality once again. The folks at Pooches were sweet, and you all make us feel right at home.

Peple of the Perch absolutely blew me away with those bass plaques...great stuff man, and much appreciated. John and Angie always bring a smile to my face (insert "the sign" here) and it was my pleasure woopin his tail in the minnow race. I just wish Buck would've broke out that sooner, or added some leeches :D

To everyone who attended and helped with the event, a HUGE personal thanks for reminding me why I enjoy this stuff so much. OGF members ROCK.

16. Mrs. Muskey

Mrs. Muskey CaptMuskey's Best Catch

I had so much fun this year I got to meet new people and catch up with old friends. Justin's little encounter with the white lettuce had John and I lauging so hard. Shakedown your a riot and you take some pretty nice pictures too. Ha Ha. I hope that everyone can make it to the Hawg Fest this year it'll be my first time there and I'm so excited. Even though Capt. Muskey and Walley Guy are going to leave Jenny and I to fend for ourselves we are still going to have fun. It was great seeing everyone there can't wait to see ya'll again.:D

17. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

Thanks to Linda and the causeway crew for having us and all of the food!
    And thanks to Jim,Kim, Carl, Dale(hows the headache Dale) LOL and good old larry for those yummy pearch rolls!!!
    Brandon, it was cool hangin with ya, we need some more nails from the store LOLOLOL next time your up my way, give a shout and we'll hook up.
    Had a blast at the bomb fire..... Hey Jim(fishingful) cool hanging out with you. And to ever else i didnt type, forgive, im tired as hell, I had a blast and thank you. Heres some photo's i took. The first one is with Brandon fishing off the point..... ooooohhhhhhh and some one tell the moose club i said thanks alot of the use of there showers, i really needed it this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

just in case the person who stoled it off of the point near the tree's, you owe me 10 bucks for the minnows that were in my minnow bucket that you took:mad: :( :mad: :(

19. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

THANK-YOU! Linda and Buck for being such great hosts. Also a Big Thank-you to all the bait shop girls and guys for all your help!! And to all the dock boys for doing such a Great job with everything!!! We had an awesome time again this year. Sooooo many people to thank. Dale, you do such a great job setting up and making sure everything is running smoothly, always fun hanging with you. Shake, Sorry you had to leave early, thanks for making this one unforgettable (insert sign here). Ruminator, what a great job you do with the Kids, they all had fun! Thank Capt.Rogers for the cooking, and Kim for the Vermillion up-dates, and linda does a great job with the sign-ins and running the sales table. I'm sure I'm missing a lot who help make this all work, But, Thank-You All who pitched in, seems everyone did something and thats what makes it so much fun!
    What a good time seeing everyone. Bigfoot, It was good camping next to you again this year. Tony, thanks for helping with the camper. Nice meeting Justin and Christie, Woody and Connie and their girls, Birthday-boy and the snorer behind us, Jim, steelhead, and the two Bob's :D
    Walleyeguy (Owen), Thanks for letting me know the speed limit on the north end, after I spent the day racing all over the area with the new boat (thinking it must be the fastest boat ever made) :confused: Walleyegal(Jenny) thanks for the zuccini bread and test socks. Scott sorry about your prop.
    Can,t wait to see everyone again.
    Buck, It's nice to know you can still shoot straight, even at your age :p
    Linda, you should see what our moon looks like! ;)