close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A BIG Thank You!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Thanks to evereyone who made the Gary Riffle Memorial Tournament a success. It was great to see so many people come together to celebrate a man's life and share that with his family. They were very appreciative for everything you all did for them, the prayers, the donations, the helping out, EVERYTHING.

It's surely what this place is all about. I'm very proud to be involved with such a great group of caring people.

I don't have all the results, but there's some new hardware on the shelf next to our TV tonight. :) I'll just recap here my fishing.

I fished Nimisila with my 6 yr old son Nick and Capt. Muskey. Ruminator also showed up and fished. There was one other person who fished Nimi, that was all.

To make a long story short, My son Nick won first place AND the "big fish" trophy with only two fish weighed, a perch and a crappie. Nice crappie though, about 10 1/2 incher. I got second place with a smaller perch and smaller crappie, BUT I also won the SMALLEST fish trophy(WEEE!) with a bluegill that was MAYBE 2 inches!! LOL. We all caught fish, but only two crappie. We caught perch, gills and each of us caught a bass too.

It was a blast out there fishing and I tried to give Capt. Muskey the panfish short course. John, if the front hadn't hit, we would have caught more. I know the fish were there man! Thanks for tagging along with us.

A few other hi-lites...Our own Tx Transplant, Gene, won the underwater camera that was raffled, Wayne P. from the SSA took home the shanty, I got some U or A football tickets that I donated :D, and my son got a Mean Joe Green bobblehead doll. :eek:

I know johnboy and KSUFLASH, greg9581(I think) and his buddy, fished also, but a Turkeyfoot or East, so they'll have to give their own report. Greg said they hammered the gills good. Nice job guys and thanks for helping out.

The food was great. Hog roast, deer roast, turkeys, BBQ, all the fixins....I'm stuffed.

In closing, I'd like to say thanks again and let you know that THIS is what OGF is all about. Turning the great fellowship and good times we have here outward and sharing it with others. We did a great thing today for this family, and you all can be proud of that and pat yourselves on the back. Great job.

I have some pix, I'll post here in a bit.

2. The winner with the two crappie we caught at Nimisila.
    [​IMG]

3. Two skinny little perch...
    [​IMG]

4. Nimisila Division winner with "BIG FISH" and "FIRST PLACE" trophies.
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

Little rascal beat out his old man..I'll never live this down!!!

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

It was great to see your little one(Nick) walk up to get his trophy. I really enjoyed seeing that. I forgot to tell you that I herded all the crappie from the north 40 down your way to put you guys on fish. :D

And congratulations to all the winners! Great job.

I am still stuffed from the pig roast. I made up for the last time. ;)

7. You and me both Ed, I mean Jim!!! :D :D :D (inside joke)

Thanks for everything man. It was a great thing to behold, that's for sure. All the kids fell asleep on the way home this time. And after all that food, I almost joined them!

Later buddy.

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

One brand new, still in the box, Browns football helmet. (full size). :D
    Inquiries should be addressed to Big Daddy. :D (not...)

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i wish i would have made it out sounds like a great time for a worthy cause i was at the in-laws for 6 hr today pulling a leaky toilet out and replacing the drywall behind it :( smelled to much rotin urin for one day wish i was fishing i was thinking of you guys..........jim :p

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

KSU came in third in the turkey foot weigh in. had alot of fun, just needed to get them big red ears....still looking for them

11. Today Was A Great Day. I Am Also Proud Of Everyone That Was Part Of This Event.it Was A Wonderful Thing. The Riffles Are A Great Bunch Of People. This Will Be A Day I Will Always Remember.

12. Me too Slider, me too... :)

Hey Johnboy, I'll take you on a redear hunt any time. I'm going to take a look at my motor tomorrow and if I get it going, we can set something up for next weekend. I have a musky thang at WB either Sat or Sun, not sure, but one of the two will be open. I'll put you on them man...

13. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Looks like you all had a great time for a great cause!!

14. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i have a few leads as to where they migrated to.....but I am always up for a trip.

15. It is an awesome group, OGF that is. Way to go!

16. catking

catking Banned

There is hope after all in this world when people like you all get involved. This was a very moving thread.............

17. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Man...I dont know what to say..I'll just say that I am proud to be associated with you fellows!

18. wow !!! makes me glad to know guys like you, fine sportsman for sure!!!
    the world could use a few more people like bigdaddy in it