Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Honorary Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the rivers being pretty much not fishable lately I have been fishing a lot at old gravel pit that I have permission to fish. I have been going around 6:00am for an hour or so before work. Almost every morning I see a beaver that travels through a drainage pipe that connects one pit to another. It so happens I like to fish this same area. Sometimes he does not see me at all , other times he greets me good morning with a warning tail slap, that sounds like a bowling ball was thrown in the water. One morning last week I heard something rustling in the weeds behind me. I quickly turn to see what it was. The beaver was on land running at me about 15 feet away. I let out a startled yell. I am not sure who was more startled. It quickly ran the other way and dropped back into the water. I believe the water was flowing too fast that day for him to go through the pipe. I was able to get my phone out this morning to take a picture of my friend. And by the way managed to catch a bass as well. Sand Pest Fish Vertebrate Fish Carp Bass

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts