close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

$_$_$_$

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anth, May 8, 2005.

1. How much cash in lures do you lose when you go fishing?

I average between 5 and 8 bucks for one day of fishing. :(

2. :(

I lost two jointed Shad Raps and a Reef Runner yesterday, a Rip Shad this morning. :T
    Hate it when the eye’s are up tight on the shore.
    The rip-rap on the upgrounds are rough on my wallet.

Think I’ll take up Musky fishing it has to be cheaper to do.

3. Over the weekend I lost one spinner bait i just bought friday, a strikeking jig, and 2 texas rigged worms. and all I got to show for it was a small LM bass.

4. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Lost about $500.00 worth at St. Marys one year whenI lost my boxes full of tackle. Won't go into the details.,to embarrasing.

5. Been lucky so far, 13 LM bass without loosing one plug. I figure to lose $1,000 in a good year $500 in a bad(don"t fish as much). Lase year was an exception- I lost less than $300 in tackle and had on of my best years (just retired). Maybe I was more patient.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I dont lose many. Oh no!!! I just jinxed myself.

7. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I use a heavy Muskie size plug knocker.
    That thing has saved me a few hundred bucks each year!

8. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

ahhh I lost a few Lucky Crafts this year, those lighten the wallet up quite a bit!!

9. Whats a plug knocker?

10. It's a heavy weight that you attach/clip to your line when your lure is hung-up. You can then bang your lure free. Here's a link describing how to make your own knockers ;) http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/hung_lures.html

Personally, I lose a LOT of lures each year. I generally buy cheaper lures, especially cranks, since I know I'll lose them after a few trips. I fish cranks around heavy cover a lot so there's not much to be done about losing lures. As long as I'm catching fish I don't mind losing a lure or three each time out. The only time I can really feel a hit to my wallet is in the spring and fall when I spend time casting for muskie in near shore timber. Even cheaper muskie lures are expensive to replace.

Steve

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

When I Fished more for Smallies, I would loose LOTS of tackle. I would always take way more than Ineeded. I figure that the big fish are in the hard to get to places. To me, it was worth having a nice smallie even if I had to spend $5 or $6 in lures to get it. Now all I loose are sinkers & hooks since I ctfish now. They still add up though. The trophy fish will in fact be in the hard to get places!