close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

'94 Blazer 4WD, 4 door

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Chuck P., Oct 28, 2007.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

0   0   0

This is the last post for this I'm ever going to make, my relationship with this vehicle is over!

The Blazer does start and run, although it runs rough and idles worse. Great body, all glass and the interior is good.

I've recently replaced the EGR valve, throttle position sensor, plugs, plug wires, distributer cap & rotor. I have put tires on the back in the last 2 weeks also, they are used tires, but they are good.

The 4 WD works great. There is a little too much tranny fluid in it right now thanks to my mechanically handicapped nephew, but that's an easy fix.

Selling whole or part out, I really don't care how it goes, but rest assured, IT IS GOING!!

Asking $1,000 OBO for the whole thing. If you want parts, just drop me a note and I'll be sure to get back with you ASAP.

As far as I know, and that probably isn't much, I "think" the timing is going out in this, or the idle control sensor needs replaced, just judging by the symptoms.

Neither of these are very hard or expensive to fix, I am just sick and tired of messing with it. I priced the idle sensor at AutoZone and it runs around $80.

Make me an offer I can't refuse and come get this thing out of my yard!! There are a lot of good parts to be had, including rims, tires, interior, etc, etc, etc.

I'll bump this thread the allotted number of times, then it's going on Craigslist and/or Ebay. I can't stand to look at it anymore.

2. Chuck P.

0   0   0

3. panfisher

panfisher

0   0   0

Chuck, I know you said you are done with your Blazer, but your symptoms sound exactly like mine. I too have a 94 Blazer that was doing exactly the same things. I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, sensors, etc....

However, if you have never replaced the "spider injection unit" I would say that is most likely the cause of your problems. I just replaced this unit in mine 2 weeks ago, and it was is like I have a brand new Blazer. Mine was rough at idle, would hesitate on exceleration, would buck and jump at times, horrible gas mileage, etc..

Now those problems are gone. This is a relatively easy fix if you are handy. As having this done by a mechanic or dealership makes it very expensive. You will probably have about 300-350 in parts if you do it yourself.

I just wanted to give you an option if you hadn't heard of this fix or haven't done it. If you decide to go this route, let me know if you have any questions. Good luck either way though, just wanted to try and help a fellow Blazer owner.

4. Chuck P.

0   0   0

I appreciate the heads up. When I replaced the fuel pressure regulator, I was told the spider could have caused it to go out. I'm thinking about replacing the unit and see what that does.

I'd really hate to give the Blazer away for a $300 repair. I'll be sure to get a hold of you if I have questions.

Thanks.