$9 Bass? No...$4.50 Bass? Definitely!

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by fugarwi7, Mar 23, 2008.

1. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Well, I attempted a $9 Bass pattern and although it didn't quite turn out the way I envisioned beforehand, I think it turned out okay. I think whatever it is, (half pike, half bass) it will catch a pike or a musky and I can't wait to use it up at my Canada cabin this summer! It is 11" long, has 9 different colors and 4 scale patterns (one is so obscure it doesn't show on the photo), wire through construction and recessed eyes. It was a lot of fun trying several new techniques on one bait. The little dude is 6" long, same profile and wire through as well. I did this one between paint stages on the big one. I wanted to do a flo finish perch and this is what I come up with. It should do well on eye's or pike...and I think it will dive to 20+ feet. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. grat looking bait i am sure you will catch some nice fish on it . Do you make bass cranks ?

3. Wow those look great!!!!!!! I love those style baits. Man am I getting excited about spring. Those will get teeth marks for sure!!!!!!!!

4. Every time you post a lure Fugi, it's different and better. Great work, and amazing depth in the copper one. pete

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Great job. Love the different scale patterns.

6. For sure that is not a $9 bass pattern. You are so far off the mark it's not funny. That has to be at least a $27 if not $36 pattern! Absolutely the best I've seen!!! Wire through,very nice design, clean build ,,, A+

Douglas

7. eyesman_01

eyesman_01 getting wEYESer every day

Not having the time to work on my own, I sit back in awe everytime I check the forum out for new posts. I don't know anything about the $9 bass pattern, but that firetiger is sure to be an 'eye killer. Great looking baits as usual.

8. Fug,

That $9 bass is by far the best you have posted yet....nice paint, clean construction. Great job.

Rod

9. Both baits look great i wouldlove to troll that first one around Salt Fork I am green with envy of all you guys that make your own baits

10. Both lures looks really great ! Our zanders here would try to chomp both if they had the chance to & dont mention the pikes
    I like them both so cant say which one i like the most

Roger

11. Those are both nice, Fugi, but the top one is a home run. I echo the idea that it is your best yet.

Vince

12. Awesome work there fug. I agree with everyone, I think you nailed it! Although I have no idea what a 9 buck bass looks like, that is something I would feel very comfortable throwing at the toothy critters!

13. like the boys said fug, you nailed the $9 bass and then some, by far the best i have ever seen, that guy is going to get hurt bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Etch

14. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

You guys are way too kind, but it is nice to hear many positive responses from some of the best builders on here! Thank You! I too can not wait to toss the big one for a few toothy critters...C'mon spring!!! I think the little guy will get equal time on the line as well! ;)