close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9.9 merc?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by ignantmike, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ignantmike

ignantmike steelhead crazy

i have an old 9.9 merc i beleave...i don't have it at my house so i'm not sure...but anyway...it has a 3 prong gas connection on the motor and i was wondering where i can get a gas line for this?....do i need a new tank too?...thank's

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Walmart will be the cheapest. They allways have them. If your tank is a old metal one I would consider buying a new plastic one. If the tank looks good rinse it out and put freash gas in it. You'll have no problem. To save some money you can get a universal fuel line and use your old fittings.

3. ignantmike

i'll check wal-mart......i went to a boat store and they told me "go luck"...they said it was too old for them to have anything......i do have a pastic tank with the fuel line on it...but, it only has the standard fitting on it....2 holes..one for fuel and one for the clip that lock's on the the motor....

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

You can always change it at the motor to something newer if you cant find something.

5. ignantmike

well i looked at it and it does look like you can change it...but, one line say's air, the other say's fuel, and the other is the locking post.....i'm just not sure if the air line has to be connected to something?

6. ignantmike

did a search and found out that it was for a presserized fuel system....they don't make that anymore...what i need is the old evirude metal fuel tank with 3 prong's on it....anyone have one?