Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m heading down to North Carolina next month for a family vacation. I have a 2018 9.9 Mercury from cabelas on my Lake Erie boat that I use for my kicker. I was considering throwing it on my 12 foot Jon boat and hitting the inter coastal but wasn’t sure how it would hold up in salt water. Obviously I would flush it out after I’m done using it but was hoping to get other people’s thoughts on it. I have a salt water trolling motor that’s electric but was hoping to have a little power with the 9.9 - any info would be helpful

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
I’m heading down to North Carolina next month for a family vacation. I have a 2018 9.9 Mercury from cabelas on my Lake Erie boat that I use for my kicker. I was considering throwing it on my 12 foot Jon boat and hitting the inter coastal but wasn’t sure how it would hold up in salt water. Obviously I would flush it out after I’m done using it but was hoping to get other people’s thoughts on it. I have a salt water trolling motor that’s electric but was hoping to have a little power with the 9.9 - any info would be helpful
you'll be fine as long as you flush and wash the motor down after each use. another thing i would do is grease all the grease fittings before you go. that helps keep the salt outa the places it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Agree with Sherman, we've been taking our Erie motors to the salt for years...take your muffs along and fresh water flush after each use.
Several years and nothing has rotted off of ours yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts