9.9 johnson motor

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by uglykat23, Feb 8, 2008.

1. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

this is probably a stupid ? but i recently baught a small v bottom john boat it has a 1979 9.9 johnson motor in it its a little much for this small boat, anyway i was gonna put the motor on e- bay but i dont know what reserve price is should put on it , the motor was baught brand new used only a few times has less then 5 hours run time on it the guy stopped fishing shortly after buying the boat and motor due to illness well it was garage kept along with the boat until i baught it a few months ago it runs great i took it to the marina to have it checked over the guy there said it runs like it just came from the factory , he did something with the fluids changed them i think this motor is in perfect shape no scratch's dings or nothng how much do you guys think i should put the reserve price for or how much do you think i can get out of it....................i knwo nothing about boat motors if ya cant tell...........lol

2. It's probably not worth more that about $50...I'll give ya 100 bucks for it and pick it up tommorow. LOL!
    No...I'm just kidding...I would go out and look to see how much others are pricing the same/ near same motor for and go from there. It's really up to you..I can't give ya an actual #...

3. nadaguides.com has used boat, motor, and trailer blue book value. But that motor blue book is probably very low (probably less then $100). I found two Johnson 10RL on the internet one for 250 the other at a dealer 650. A new 9.9 is probably around 2,500 so a working used one can bring a few bucks.

4. Why even mess with ebay. You'll pay fees on the ad and then more when and if it sells.

Put it in the classifieds here (on OGF).

If it's as clean as you describe, I'd think $400ish would be fair.

5. Het's right, if it is as nice as you say $400-$500 should be an easy sell this time of year with spring on the way and tax returns rolling in.

6. I'll give you $450 if you're interested

7. I'm called bentminnow I need a new motor my 9 hp 1966 johnson died last year in canada, so let me know what you got to have for it I'm desparate

8. I'm called bentminnow I need a new motor my 9 hp 1966 johnson died last year in canada, so let me know what you got to have for it I'm desparate