close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9/6 milton

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mirrocraft mike, Sep 7, 2007.

1. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Hit the water around 5p.Got to fish with fellow ogf member wickford. Was targeting eyes with a muskie pole out also. Seen one of those pods of shad boiling the water so we went directly toward it . Whack the muskie pole bent over and the drag was going out. Got that big smile on my face knowing it was on . Finally got the fish close to the boat and down she went agian. After a short second fight she began to get weak and came up easy. Nothing to do except net that nasty a.. carp up. Guessing 28/30 inch Dang BUGLE LIPS inhaled a 5 inch lure. Must admit the fight was still a blast. Only one other hook up (Besides the bottom) A 16in eye caught by Wickford .Did watch a 38 ski being netting and released and a 30 C and R also .

2. Hi Mike, I didnt get out untill after 8 only caught 1 eye 14.5'' about 15 minutes after I got there..I thought it was going to be a good night..No such luck..I actually caught 2 shad last weekend casting in the schools..I thought they were white bass..Anyway..good luck fishing..

3. Hey Mirro...

I was wondering if you were going to reveal about the carp!! haha!! It was a good fight even though the end result was a carp and not a muskie...

Definitely a fun night though! Thanks for the invite!! We'll have to get back there before the year is up and see if we can find dem skis...!

4. Man that stinks! I bet it got the blood pumping though. I've caught quite a few carp out of Milton on a crankbait, but never on a muskie sized bait.