close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9/6/04 Clear Fork

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Warpath, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Another mini-OGF outing on Clear Fork......

Buzzman, River Walker and myself headed out around 6 am this morning. Another tough day of fishing followed. RW caught several small fish on tiny spinnerbaits, Buzzman was having similar luck on rattle-traps, and I managed a fish on a crankbait. Very slow fishing again, must be a lot of fat and happy fish with all the baitfish we saw again. Buzzman stayed later than RW and myself, maybe he got into some more fish after we left. Will post pics once I figure out how to...........HELP!!!!!

Eric

2. Got one more fish that was >12" on a worm, nothing large.

There were a ton of shad about, and we got a nice little chop on the water that I thought helped me out today.

Nice to meet Riverwalker out there!

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

glad you guys had a good time, i will see you tomorrow RW and JBJ i will be there by 5:30am.

4. JBJ

JBJ

See you there gents. I'm finishing up putting some tackle together b4 I hit the pillow. Picked up a few new items to experiment with tomorrow.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i got the boat all rigid up and ready lets catch some big ones tomorrow.

6. I respooled tonight,I had a total of three donations to the fish gods yesterday.I lost one right by the ramps about 4:30AM,and 2 straight fish in the large bay by the boy scout camp.One fish definitely broke off(right at the boat)and he was only 10"-11",and the other 2 were probably small muskies,as the line appeared to have been cut or sliced instead of snapped-I don't think XT stands for extra tough anymore.Scott said he had a couple muskies on also.It was a tough bite again,but I'm glad we decided to check out the big bay.I didn't use the plastics very much,or the Traps,I mainly fished the spinnerbaits.I have trouble with the worms detecting bites in windy conditions like we had yesterday.I had a lot of fun,except when I almost sent Warpath and myself in for a little swim-damn stumps! There were a lot of guys out musky hunting yesterday,never heard if anyone got into anything though.
    Hydrasport,I tried a couple of your spots,but due to some rude people we couldn't really fish them thoroughly.One of the spots we pulled into it,and had 3 boats practically on top of us in a matter of minutes,I guess the lake just wasn't big enough for them to fish elsewhere.Scott took a couple of fish later in the day from one of the spots though.
    F4F and JBJ,I'll see you guys down there in a couple of hours,hope the wind slows down a little.Eric,if you're reading this,let me know about next Monday.Erie,Alum or wherever cool with me.Keep me posted about your results this weekend,watch out for that stump!

7. Sorry I forgot to mention earlier,it was nice meeting you too Buzzman-great boat.Good luck in the tournament,wish I could come out for it.

8. Thanks again guys for a good day on the lake. Wish we could round up a few more guys to head out with on a few lakes. Anyone on here interested, just chime in with a post or pm. We've all had a great time become fishing friends. I think this weekend looks like another bluebird day. The forecast is for 77 and clear skies, just cooler than yesterday. The wind and rain from Frances should be long gone I guess. I imagine that should make for some difficult fishing when you consider all the shad these fish are chewing up.

I'd really like to hit the big pond on Monday. I think Buzzman would too. Maybe he can get the day off. And we could always see if Shortdrift wanted to join us, if not someone else. I'd imagine the weather shouldn't be much different than the weekends, high 70's and clear. If the waves are bad, we'll hit alum in my boat.

I am organizing my rods and reels now. I know how I'm going to fish the tourney, no matter what. Just hope it works. Will keep you posted, and I'll elt you know about Monday RW.

Now can someone help me post these pics!
    Eric

9. JBJ

JBJ

RW and F4F had their boats in the water when I arrived at 545am. RW had about 4 bass that came unbuttoned at the boat. I ended up with 2 bass and a crappie, all on spinnerbaits. I'll upload the few pics I took later tonight. By the time I caught the keeper bass I completely forgot to get a pic. RW lost each of his before I could take any pictures too. I did get a few cool morning sunrise shots though along with F4F looking lonely all by himself in his boat. ReelLady will be proud that I got some nice scenic ones.

Unfortunately I didn't get my custom special weapons in before going out today so I'll have to just give them a try during the tourney.

10. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Sounds like a nice day out on the water guys...

11. JBJ
    Do you think we should tell Warpath and F4F about those guys getting a 3.8 lb'er and a 4lb'er today? Oops,I just did,it was cool seeing them net one em'.I know where to search now-heh,heh.I hope all you guys tear them up this weekend,JBJ you know where to do it,go get em'!

12. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

did you guys have any luck after i left, sounds like someone did good deal.

13. JBJ

JBJ

Once it started drizzling they put the feed bag on. We saw some nice bass clearing the water as they attacked the schools of bait fish. (That's when my keeper jumped on the hook.) If it weren't for our promises to the better halves, we would have stayed out to land some more...

I'm uploading the pics now.

14. Good luck Saturday JBJ,I hope you and Warpath and Buzzman all do great down there.Did you make it back on time? I've respooled 3 reels this afternoon,I'm getting tired of missing out on the photo-ops,lol!

15. JBJ

JBJ

Using the line excuse are you? heh heh heh :cool:
    With the size of fish we were hooking, there was good possibilities that we could have yanked them in the boat on the hookset. :D

I just barely made it back in time. How did you do making it up to the wife being a little late? Maybe you could blame it on your fishing line too...

Thanks a ton for getting us familiar with Clear Fork. I believe it will pay off even though the conditions look like they will be completely different than the ones we pre-fished. Here's hoping for a freak drizzle sneeking in on Saturday.

16. JBJ

JBJ

Warpath's pics are up in my photo album. Once everyone get's a look at this crew they will understand why everybody else on the lake leaves when we put in. :eek:

17. You're right,I told her I lost so much line all day that it ended up getting tangled in my prop and caused me to blow a seal,and we were all the way down by the dam and had to row all the way back with only one paddle! Just kidding,but I wonder if it would fly?

18. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

nice pics guys, good luck to ya guys fishing the tourny.

19. Everyone else left the lake because 1) we talk about some really wild stuff, and 2) I ate beans for breakfast! :D

Eric

20. JBJ

JBJ

From now on we need to be sure that RW doesn't eat at the BBQ rib place before going fishing with him. I promise not to go to White Castles too...